what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Mc

Got in from work at just after midnight,went up to the train room(spare bedroom) and soldered a few droppers so I can at least start to put the beginnings of a bus wire in for the dcc wiring,still loads to do but I may be able to run some trains by next weekend if I pull my finger out.
HST and DMU with sound running on the layout instead of the test track looms ever closer.
Electrical wirers block may be over.I'll be home from work around 8ish tomorrow night so I think I 'll do a bit more.

Pete
:Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Alex

I've been in early from work most nights this week but we had builders in so nothing has been done on the layout or modelling bench. Hopefully I'll get something done this weekend.

Alex :wave:

scotsoft

Quote from: Lawrence on April 20, 2012, 12:44:42 PM
I have actually 100% completed both my layouts in a week, so I have decided to rip them all up and start again so I just have the bare boards down now, honest  ::)

...and I bet you forgot to take pictures as well  :camera:  :smiley-laughing:

(or are you waiting on the glass plates drying)  :evil:

EtchedPixels

New soldering iron arrived and the last power feed is now soldered, all the point droppers are dangling happily and there are holes ready for each point motor.

Now I need to wire all the point motors - 20 motors, 6 wires per motor, plus the wiring for the controllers and power to them.

Two multi coloured hedgehogs so far, will take a few days to get the other 18 done and ready to try fitting.

Then I need to sell of some more bits and buy some static decoders to wire them into.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

upnick

Had a bit   (i  use the word loosley)  ::) of a tidy up  on the layout &  ran   a couple  of  trains  after the  test track wont  read  on my powercab  i   have set up   in the other room  i  converted  a   the J94 i  got from EP   nice little runner it is as well   a bit wobbly  at times  but i'll sort  it's CV's out &  making it smoother shunting  & fit  either  a  Kato   knuckle   or  microtrains  coupler as i prefer  them  especially on  smaller locos   rapidos look out of proportion.

My Eastnor Castle had a run  out as well  following which i   replaced the coal in the tender with some   WS  mine run,  the little J94  received the same   ;)

Oldman

Nothing really on the layouts just building some of the kits that are sitting in the drawer.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Pengi

Just been out to see how the Sankei Opticians building looks on my layout
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

tadpole

Short answer: not as much as I'd like to be doing - real life keeps getting in the way.

Finally finished test running the timetable. Needed a minor tweak in the evening peak (same problem as morning peak).

Decommissioning some of my poor running power units from my EMUs. Some 1960s units will now share chassis with 1980s units - which is fine as they shouldn't be in use at the same time anyway. The old bogies/chassis are going to new homes via eBay.
Two rails good. Three better.

moogle

Mainly be working on loco's and rolling stock but did glue all the slates to the disused engine sheds roof last night.
Just got the windows and doors to paint and finish on it now. Then weathering and weeds to add!
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Donkey

Watching Tornado powering an express while Jinty is hauling a short rake of mineral wagons. Will be doing a little tweak to my incline if I can stop playing trains long enough  ;D Hmmmm, I think my Royal Scot could do with a good run out, and maybe my Brush 4 and EE 3 and cl 101. Mustn't forget Oliver Bury either  ;D.

port perran

Been working on some detail at my small, rural Lanharrack goods yard and scratch building a small Animal Feed Store (these are very common inrural Cornwall).  Watching football on the TV as I'm waiting for some paint to dry!
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

EtchedPixels

The Clubman DCC is waiting a bit as I decided it would be smarter to finish off some stuff before my desk suffered a catastrophic collapse.

Instead I've been working on various things that just needed some finishing work. A pair of 33/1's now have numbers. 47200 has numbers and most of the other decals done.  I've also finished touching up the paintwork on the Avonside and sticking DCC into it. That was a bit tight, thank goodness for the TCS Z2 decoder.

The Parkwood Maunsell shunter is also done except for decoder (need to order one) and I'll post some pictures and a review when I get time. Very nice kit though, very well thought out and reuses all the buffers and bits from the Farish 08.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Graham63

Trying to build a couple of Bilteezi card kits Igot from the N gauge shop, but diy at daughters house seems to be getting in the way.

EtchedPixels

Catching up after a couple of hectic days of work stuff.

The 168 clubman now has sound although the speaker wires need a spot of tweaking as they occasionally catch something.

I've also mutilated a Bachmann Farish voyager and inroduced it to a pair of class 170 body shells and some sawn up 170 underframe bits. So my 172 end cars now just needs the decals and body related tweaks. Need to decide whether to do a 3 car unit or a pair of 2 car ones eventually. Seems Snow Hill sees both combinations.

Sound will be a another problem - no 172 sound sets yet. Mot sure if I can use the lights  either. Some thought needed there.

moogle

Making an end board to hide the fiddleyard from the viewer.
Marked it all out and cut a recess for the catch that clips the fiddleyard to the layout.
Its now clamped while the glues drying.
Painting 'Cil Naomhan' in a gaelic font is going to be interesting...  :evil:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations