N Gauge Now

Started by Northern Git, November 24, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarriageShed

Got it! It fell through the letterbox with a heavy flop around lunchtime. First impressions are of a nice, tidy, well-presented layout, with crisp white pages, and framed photos scattered generously and descriptively on all pages. The font size and column width are perfect for such a text-heavy publication. The problems with photos have already been mentioned, but those that are okay (the majority) are absolutely excellent.

I noticed that this seems to be an annual project rather than a monthly or bi-monthly effort. That would be a shame as I'm certain that you'll find enough material for at least four issues a year, based on what you've done with the first one.

Now I need to get on and start reading. ;)

Bealman

Gotta get a look at this.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Skyline2uk

Hey all,

Just to say I got my copy of this magazine today in the post and initial impressions suggest I am going to loose a good few hours! Also going to have a late night or two as I say "one more page"...

Skyline2uk

ChrisWV10

Just having a clear out, packing up for flat being rewired and other renovation/demolition and found my copy of N Gauge Now. Was there ever a second edition does anyone know?

C. :)

Newportnobby

I believe they are starting a quarterly mag early next year :thumbsup:

NGaugeNow

JUST to update you on N GAUGE NOW. Thanks for all the previous kind words on our PREMIER ISSUE published last November as a 2014 "annual".
We are now taking the plunge and launching N GAUGE NOW as a quarterly magazine with Issue 1 due out in the next few weeks (as it should be at the printers before the end of the month).
Our original plan for mid-October publication turned out to be optimistic because ENGEE PUBLISHING is still only a part-time venture at present and the Editor/Publisher (me) has other non-modelling publishing projects on the go and I am still also working two or three days a week at present on my former full-time job (as a national newspaper sub-editor).

I'll also post an update on the forum when I get the time!

Sprintex

Thanks for the update, looking forward to the next mag :thumbsup:

Paul

CarriageShed

Definitely looking forward to this. The first issue was well-written and very interesting. With my professional proofreader's hat on, I could find much less that needed correcting than I can in some other magazines. That's always a good sign that care and attention have been taken, so it bodes well for the future of N Gauge Now.

Trusty

I have ordered the magazine and the 'Annual'. The price is not too expensive, but the postage to France, 4£ for each book, so 8£ for this command, seems a bit excessive...
Arduino for railroad modellling projects : Locoduino
https://git.framasoft.org/groups/locoduino.org (also in english)
http://www.locoduino.org (only in french... sorry !)

Newportnobby

Will the quarterly mag be available through retailers please - i.e. stationers/supermarkets etc?

Amber9999

Has anybody seen a copy of the new NgaugeNow Magazine?

Thanks

Amber9999

Hi,

Have received a copy of the new magazine, I was informed that it would be dispatched on the 17th November, no sign yet and they are not replying to emails or phone calls.

Very disappointing

Newportnobby

Quote from: Amber9999 on December 03, 2014, 10:14:48 AM
Has anybody seen a copy of the new NgaugeNow Magazine?

Thanks

The original issue came out many moons ago, and the new quarterly NgaugeNow is due out sometime in Jan 2015. I'm looking forward to it.

Newportnobby

Sorry - I'm not quite with you there as I'm a bit thick (with manflu) :-[
You say you have received the new magazine but there is no sign of it :confused1:
Is the one you received the issue that came out last November?
Thanks

Amber9999

Hi,

I'm sorry if I confused you. The new magazine is a quarterly issue I ordered the 1st issue which according to the 1st page on there website would be out on November then latter issues to follow.

What concerns me no reply e-mails ore phone calls

Hope your better soon

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations