The Adventures of Globibahn

Started by Globibahn, January 17, 2021, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Globibahn

Quote from: joe cassidy on June 12, 2022, 09:42:06 PM
I thought you went to Germany to be a yoga teacher ?

You seem to be on holiday permanent ?

Nice work if you can get it  :)

Hi Joe, thanks for asking about my yoga teaching! I have been giving my first lessons here at studios, plus teaching online. Being self-employed though, I can still walk around in the daytime and look at train things  :D

That said, I plan to do a bit of travel in a couple of weeks as I have not really used my 9 Euro ticket yet.

Globibahn

Quote from: Dave_K on June 12, 2022, 09:34:55 PM
Nice to read of your continuing adventures - hope the flat share goes alright.
Interesting infrastructure to find and look for!

Cheers Dave, yes I am rather a big infrastructure fan, as it happens. :thumbsup:

Globibahn

Bit of a treat today at the Hbf! I don't believe I have ever previously seen a Ludmilla. Now I have seen two!

The Erfurter Bahnservice Loco in black has had a serious amount of Halfords-style accesories attached :D. LED lights and whatnot. Wouldn't surprise me if it had a souped-up sound system with subwoofer. :smiley-laughing:

Here's the CCCP manufacturer's plate.

See her in action here:
https://erfurter-bahnservice.de/fuhrpark.html

ntpntpntp

They are impressive monsters :)  I remember standing next to one at a platform in Nuremberg many years ago, blimey it was loud and throbby!
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Globibahn

Quote from: ntpntpntp on June 15, 2022, 06:34:36 PM
They are impressive monsters :)  I remember standing next to one at a platform in Nuremberg many years ago, blimey it was loud and throbby!

Indeed, they are impressive monsters :thumbsup:. These ones were asleep at the time - let sleeping dogs lie, I say!

Globibahn

A small Tatra tram watercolour I painted this week.

Dave_K

That's a great watercolour, Matt!

Globibahn

Quote from: Dave_K on June 16, 2022, 08:42:55 AM
That's a great watercolour, Matt!

Thank you sir!

I have not done transport subjects in watercolour before, it seemed to work out ok. :angel:

Globibahn

Hi all,

It is baking hot today - 37 degrees C no less! I believe it has also been rather warm back in Blighty.

Yoga teaching is progressing slowly but surely. I am doing work with two different studios and have had good feedback. I really want to get private clients, as that was a focal point back in the UK. I had a nice class outdoors today, on the banks of the Elbe near the city centre.

As often menitoned, I am finaly going to do some travelling about. A 9€ trip to Bavaria is happening next week. I am looking forward to reporting on the 9€ experience for distance travelling! It is a 540km trip to Sonthofen, as the crow flies more or less, going close to the Austrian border.

I will no doubt miss seeing CD Eurocities on a daily basis, I don't believe they have them down there. ;D

Toodle pip for now
Matt

Dave_K

37 degrees!! I would probably combust or melt in that heat!
Yoga on the river banks - sounds very relaxing.
Good luck with your 9€ travels - we look forward to your reports!

Globibahn

Quote from: Dave_K on June 19, 2022, 04:45:58 PM
37 degrees!! I would probably combust or melt in that heat!
Yoga on the river banks - sounds very relaxing.
Good luck with your 9€ travels - we look forward to your reports!

Cheers Dave!

Yes it turns out Dresden is a bit of a cauldron so-to-speak. Gets very nippy in the winter and rather hot in the summer.

swisstrains

Hi Matt. The BBC lunchtime news weatherman actually mentioned the weather for Dresden today. He said the heatwave had passed and it was now a more comfortable 22 degrees. :cold:

Globibahn

Quote from: swisstrains on June 20, 2022, 06:51:22 PM
Hi Matt. The BBC lunchtime news weatherman actually mentioned the weather for Dresden today. He said the heatwave had passed and it was now a more comfortable 22 degrees. :cold:

Hi John,

Gosh yes! I've actually been down in Bavaria for the past week, not quite as hot there - on/off thunder and sunshine.

Full report to come!

:beers:

Globibahn

Sorry about delay in the report. Covid finally caught up with me - I am utterly exhausted. :-[

Dave_K

Sorry to hear this Matt, take care of yourself and hope you recover quickly.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations