Some dealers:

Started by cupoftea, March 19, 2011, 03:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cupoftea

I ordered a building kit online and the parcel duly arrived a few days later. Problem was it contained an OO gauge kit instead of N gauge. The enclosed note showed N gauge. I called the dealer (no names for now until I see how this one ends up) and they said 'We no longer have the N gauge one in stock so we sent you an OO one instead. Post it back to us and we will try and get the N gauge one for you'. I asked if they would refund the postage for returning it and they said no. Oh boy!

A while back i phoned a modelshop who advertise mail order and asked about ordering some track. They said 'we will put you through to railway dept' and I was put through to a charming young lad who said 'You will have to hang on as I am going for a p*ss' - at that point I put the phone down.

This contrasts very strongly with the service I have had from Gaugemaster who sent me an incorrect item and when I phoned them about it were polite and checked that they had the correct item in stock while I was on the phone. They were most apologetic and helpful in sorting the problem out and made me feel that they valued my custom. Full marks to Gaugemaster for customer service.

I have also had good service from Hattons.

REFaust

Quote from: cupoftea on March 19, 2011, 03:41:19 PM
I ordered a building kit online and the parcel duly arrived a few days later. Problem was it contained an OO gauge kit instead of N gauge. The enclosed note showed N gauge. I called the dealer (no names for now until I see how this one ends up) and they said 'We no longer have the N gauge one in stock so we sent you an OO one instead. Post it back to us and we will try and get the N gauge one for you'. I asked if they would refund the postage for returning it and they said no. Oh boy!

That really is ridiculous...why would anyone open a business and yet be so ignorant of the laws relating to sale of goods? You are clearly entitled to a complete refund.

R E Faust

cupoftea

Yep.

Of course it may not be the business owner who is the problem but the person on the phone. Time will tell on this one.......

Tank

Under the Long Distance Sales Act, you are legally entitled to a full refund, and as it's their mistake (pretty obvious you wouldn't want a 00 Gauge anyway) they have to cover your postage costs.  I'd get it registered if I were you.

papajoe

I must be really lucky as Kernow delivered my Deltic in time for Christmas, Buffers have a large stock of N gauge, Hobby Goblin will get anything I require, and so will Trinity Trains.

longbridge

Situations like this are the main reason why I wont buy online, I guess I am old fashioned but I like to have the item in my hot little hand before I hand over any money, these days I prefer buying second hand or making things myself.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations