three use ful from one duff one

Started by kevin141, July 29, 2014, 08:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin141

Had a class 60 with a duff motor a 47 and 57 with split wheel gears so no layout work thought i would sort out the stock so striped the 60 to make a dummy and got a bag full of gears and other bits and with swapping the faulty wheel sets got my 47 and 57 back running and still got spare wheel sets in the dummy 60 so a happy bunny :claphappy:
kevin141
Good dinner

scotsoft

DCCDave

That's gotta win the bodge of the month.  :)

Cheers
Dave

Sprintex

Far from being a bodge that shows ingenuity and resourcefulness, better than binning them - well done that man :beers:

Paul

kevin141

Just wonder how many of us are in the same boat ?
kevin141
Good dinner

RussellH

Quote from: kevin141 on July 29, 2014, 09:41:34 PM
kevin141

Hi Kevin,
Id hope not too many would consider doing that to a class 60 unless they particularly wanted a dummy class 60. I'd recommend trying brlines, peters spares and Bachmann for spares as a first choice and weighing up the cost of the spares/repair etc.
Good job on the repair - 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Regards
Russ

Repairs - not everything has to be sent away - you can fix most thing's yourself. Ask and help will be provided.

Waiting for the RTR version? - why not try a kit?

My layout, Bridgebury Gate now has its own website...
www.bridgeburygate.com

and the 3DR shop where you'll also find the NGF MPV, assorted cabs etc...
http://www.shapeways.com/shops/3dr_designs_for_n_gauge

kevin141

Quote from: RussellH on July 29, 2014, 11:01:27 PM
Quote from: kevin141 on July 29, 2014, 09:41:34 PM
kevin141

Hi Kevin,
Id hope not too many would consider doing that to a class 60 unless they particularly wanted a dummy class 60. I'd recommend trying brlines, peters spares and Bachmann for spares as a first choice and weighing up the cost of the spares/repair etc.
Good job on the repair - 2 out of 3 ain't bad.
Regards
Russ

I did think of that but wanting a pair for EWS fleet it was the best of both worlds and cost me nothing in the end only time may yet do the 60 in colas as i like the livery but that is for another day
kevin141
Good dinner

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £5.67
Below Goal: £94.33
Site Currency: GBP
 6%
May Donations