The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

Quote from: talisman56 on December 23, 2018, 11:37:48 AM
What this case really needs is for any person(s) charged with an offence to be brought up before a 'Judge Jefferies'-type hang-'em-all judge who will give them the full sentence to act as a deterrent to future incidents. Unfortunately in this day and age, they will probably be given a slap on the wrist and advised not to do it again...

and probably given their drone back  :censored:

TrevL

As a responsible dog owner, I always carry a supply of poo bags for when the inevitable happens.  However on this evenings walk, I came across two piles in the middle of the footpaths. The first  was in sight of a County Council camera with sign nearby clearly stating footage would be used to prosecute, but it was still left there.

Call me stupid, but I couldn't leave it so I bagged it and took it with me.  A little further down the road, there's another lot, this time it's been bagged, but they've just left the bag in the middle of the pavement.  Again I picked it up for proper disposal.

What is it with these people?  Don't they think the rules apply to them?  or are they just selfish and inconsiderate?
My feelings are if they're not prepared to take the responsbility of owning a dog, they shouldn't be owning a dog.
I wonder how they would feel if someone posted the contents of their dog's alimentary canal through their letterbox, not happy I'm guessing?

Sorry, Rant over!
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

guest311

possibly a good thing you didn't see the owners ...

I've offered bags to owners before, and in response received a tirade of offensive remarks...both from male and female owners

in fact one guy I had to threaten to use reasonable force on before he quietened down...

though needless to say he didn't avail himself of my offer of the bag, and when I phoned the council I got the usual ' oh, well we can't be everywhere' response, though I suppose quite true when they won't get off their backsides and get out of their offices.

still, surprised they miss out on the £1000 max fine, but of course easier to either cut more services, or just put up the council tax.

RailGooner

JBQFC

Quote from: TrevL on December 30, 2018, 05:26:12 PM
As a responsible dog owner, I always carry a supply of poo bags for when the inevitable happens.  However on this evenings walk, I came across two piles in the middle of the footpaths. The first  was in sight of a County Council camera with sign nearby clearly stating footage would be used to prosecute, but it was still left there.

Call me stupid, but I couldn't leave it so I bagged it and took it with me.  A little further down the road, there's another lot, this time it's been bagged, but they've just left the bag in the middle of the pavement.  Again I picked it up for proper disposal.

What is it with these people?  Don't they think the rules apply to them?  or are they just selfish and inconsiderate?
My feelings are if they're not prepared to take the responsbility of owning a dog, they shouldn't be owning a dog.
I wonder how they would feel if someone posted the contents of their dog's alimentary canal through their letterbox, not happy I'm guessing?

Sorry, Rant over!

round our way they just tie the bags to the nearest tree when the bin is closer
drive me mad
John

thebrighton

On the subject of responsible dog owners a friend of mine is one and I bumped in to them the other day when they were out walking their dog and had, indeed, done the right thing. Trouble is they are very expressive with their hands whilst talking and that bag of poo was swinging very close to yours truly!

daffy

Last winter my wife and I were walking along the seafront at Ingoldmells, north of Skegness. Where the wide section of the Promenade ends to the north of Ingoldmells, there is a ramp down on to the sands. These sands, like much of the coast hereabouts, are a dog-walker's favourite 'walkies' location.

The local Council have thoughtfully provided a bin attached to a concrete wall by the ramp for dog-pooh bags.

On this occasion it was full. Very, very full.

So full that responsible  :no: dog owners felt it necessary to place their full bags underneath the bursting bin. There were a fair few of these.

In our estimation, and excluding those in the bin itself, there must have been in excess of 100 bags of pooh piled against the wall! :o

Now I know it could be argued that the Council should either supply more, or bigger bins, or empty them in tune with usage, but honestly, what on Earth is wrong with these people?

A week later, they were still there. Well, actually I couldn't see the ones we'd seen before, as they were buried under another load! :veryangry:

At least they hadn't tied them to bushes and trees, a practise I have frequently come across on my walks in this fair smelly land.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

guest311

harking back to the drone posts, it appears , depending upon whether you believe either the chief constable, or a chief superintendent, that there may either, (a) not have been any drones or (b) they may have been police drones, which one assumes are of no danger to aircraft. :'(

oh, and still no nearer catching any scrotes, if they exist, or indeed much of an apology to the totally innocent couple arrested, and publicly named, in an attempt to prove plod had actually done anything.

Newportnobby

I really don't feel I should comment about dog owners and their pets as I have always had cats and, as we cat owners know, they do their business where best they like to/can cover it up. As my garden is all slabs with absolutely no earth/grass then I guess my neighbours cop for it :-[ Mind you, next door has a yappy little thing so I hope Hookey heads his way >:D

On another note my youngest sister wanted a Cheshire Oaks centre voucher for Christmas so Mum, eldest sister and I clubbed together and got a decent value one. I got an e mail from her Thursday telling me she went to Cheshire Oaks on the Wednesday but couldn't spend it as the voucher hadn't been activated. I can imagine some of the names she called me! I rang Customer Service who told me the voucher did not require activating, it was a fault their end and they were sorry for the confusion. I told the lady that would not go down well with someone who had made a 70 mile round trip and that, having obtained her name, I would pass it on to my sister in readiness for the next time she makes the trip. FIGHT!

talisman56

Quote from: TrevL on December 30, 2018, 05:26:12 PM

Sorry, Rant over!

The 'responsible dog owners' round our way do bag up their dogs' 'doings' (as my Grandfather used to call it) and leave them out of the way of other pavement users...

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

guest311

and like a fair few round here, leave the bags for the dog poo fairy to collect and bin  :veryangry:

Madann01

Continued from Unhappy thread.

Is there no quality control systems in place before these locos go on sale, I assume that they are tested before they leve the factory (or are they?) The cost of these locos is becoming increasingly unaffordable considering most electronic items come down in price especially when manufactured somewhere in the far east, you can now buy a fridge or a washing machine for less money than a DCC loco and they have much more electronic wizzardry than a n gauge Loco. I understand that we have to pay for the toolling and the styling But is it too much to hope that we could have more reliability from what is only a simple electric motor. :censored:

Chill pills beginning to work now so signing off :NGF:

Newportnobby

I had cause to ring HMRC in early December as I'd been made to overpay tax in a big way by my pension company (although I understood why they had to do that).
HMRC sent me some forms which were duly filled in, sent back by signed for mail and duly collected by HMRC from Wolverhampton DO on 13.12.18.
Having heard nothing I rang them this morning and, when I finally got through to what I think was a human being, I was told that, yes, a payment of over £2000 was due to me, that it was with the 'Pending' department and would be actioned by the 7th February. When I told the bloke I was so pleased they were getting interest on my money he told me there was no need for me to be sarcastic and that he was doing his best to help me with the means at his disposal. In my best apologetic voice I told him I was so sorry he was the face of HMRC on the phone today but if he wanted to put me through to his manager or someone more senior I'd quite happily have a go at them instead.
Grrrrrr :veryangry:
Probably all I have accomplished is to be placed on the HMRC  :poop: list but it's a lot of money to a retiree on small pensions.

dannyboy

Not only have you been placed on the  :poop: list, you have been placed at the bottom, (sorry), of the list!  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

port perran

And they will then send you a cheque (2nd class) which then takes 5 working days to clear.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations