Server Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 06, 2018, 03:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 04, 2019, 10:27:27 AM
I've asked this before but at the time it was not possible - would it be possible to click on 'Show all unread posts' and then delete the ones I don't want to read thus leaving me a list of what I do want to read? Just asking.

Strange, that's always been possible - I use that every day.  Just use the check boxes to whatever isn't your fancy, then hit 'Mark Selected Read'.

Quote from: railsquid on January 04, 2019, 10:44:44 AM

Related to that, pretty please is there any way of listing all recent threads, regardless of whether they've been read or not?

Anyway keep up the good work, ignore the grumbling from the peanut gallery ;)

I've had a quick look and can't find anything.  You'd think that there would be something, even if it was by the 'Recent Posts' window at the bottom of the main forum.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on January 04, 2019, 11:10:31 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on January 04, 2019, 10:27:27 AM
I've asked this before but at the time it was not possible - would it be possible to click on 'Show all unread posts' and then delete the ones I don't want to read thus leaving me a list of what I do want to read? Just asking.

Strange, that's always been possible - I use that every day.  Just use the check boxes to whatever isn't your fancy, then hit 'Mark Selected Read'.

I've looked at the list of unread posts and can't find any check boxes :confused2: :dunce:

RailGooner

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 04, 2019, 11:22:42 AM
I've looked at the list of unread posts and can't find any check boxes :confused2: :dunce:

Ditto.

Tank

Must be a setting I changed on my Profile ages ago.  Right, click on Profile, then Look and Layout on the left menu.  At bottom of the page it will show Quick Moderation.  Change this from whatever it is to Checkboxes.  Save.

:thumbsup:

Invicta Alec

Tank,

As of 12.30pm today is the Gallery working correctly? I'm using the bulk upload feature to add to my gallery and after dragging eight files across and dropping them into the box the little thumbnails appear with their progress bars and then the ticks showing successful uploads.

Now once they all show as uploaded the only option (as far as I can see) is to return the the gallery - but they are not there! Am I being a muppet?

Alec.
You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

railsquid

Quote from: Tank on January 04, 2019, 12:25:53 PM
Must be a setting I changed on my Profile ages ago.  Right, click on Profile, then Look and Layout on the left menu.  At bottom of the page it will show Quick Moderation.  Change this from whatever it is to Checkboxes.  Save.

This link should work: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=profile;area=theme

Tank

Quote from: Invicta Alec on January 04, 2019, 12:40:04 PM
Tank,

As of 12.30pm today is the Gallery working correctly?

I'm afraid it's intermittent, and we won't be fixing it but replacing it.  The author is finding a fix for the new one to work.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on January 04, 2019, 12:25:53 PM

Done. Excellent.  :thankyousign:

Newportnobby

Forum unusable tonight. Times out every time I try to do anything. Back tomorrow

Tank

Thanks, I've reported it.  The server is working much harder than it should need to.   :hmmm:

nookfield

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 04, 2019, 08:27:46 PM
Forum unusable tonight. Times out every time I try to do anything. Back tomorrow

:hmmm: but you managed to post this? so not quite every time

I've had a few slow responses (mainly loading new threads) but generally its been OK

Lawrence

Quote from: nookfield on January 04, 2019, 08:34:45 PM

I've had a few slow responses (mainly loading new threads) but generally its been OK

Well lucky you, it has been dire the last 24 hours, taking 10-20 secs to load a page, post a reply etc, despite doing all the cache things and on two different browsers on two different pc's with two different OS and in two different towns, that assuming it doesn't time out altogether  :censored:

nookfield

Quote from: Lawrence on January 04, 2019, 08:47:24 PM
Quote from: nookfield on January 04, 2019, 08:34:45 PM

Well lucky you, it has been dire the last 24 hours, taking 10-20 secs to load a page, post a reply etc, despite doing all the cache things and on two different browsers on two different pc's with two different OS and in two different towns, that assuming it doesn't time out altogether  :censored:

I guess it depends on what your expectations are. Most pages have loaded in less than 5 seconds and I've not had any time outs

dannyboy

Over the last 24 hours, I have had some very slow page loading and a couple of time-outs. I have also had some very quick page loading.  ??? (Win 10 and Chrome).
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Snowwolflair

@Tank It feels like the authentication of members that is struggling making opening the forum fresh slow.  Once you are in page to page is fast

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations