Ready to Run NGS Stove R and Snowplough - Assistance Required

Started by Belly, January 29, 2019, 11:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belly

I know there are a number of members of this web site who are also members of the N Gauge Society (NGS) and they may have missed this recent post of groups.io. 

Below I've reprinted the text which appeared on that site from Adrian the NGS shop Manager:

"There has been some speculation about the pending demise of, in particular, the Stove 'R' chassis.

I want to update this forum with the current situation and seek help on moving forward.

The Stoves and Snowploughs are the only RtR models for which the Society has exclusive rights and I think it is our responsibility to keep these available for N gauge modellers of the present and future.

A while ago I contacted Dapol to see what could be done in terms of a re-run of some of the previous models. In short, for Stoves, we can order a minimum of 1000 units in four of the previously issued liveries (but with new running numbers) as a minimum – and – any number of chassis on top of that.

Note – we have to order the complete models in order for them to produce the chassis.

Last month I approached the committee to gain approval to progress this. I have been authorised to get a formal quote from Dapol for the Stoves and Ploughs together. However, I have been waiting for advice on what liveries and running numbers to go for.

Only Ben Ando has responded with suggestions of Maroon, Crimson/Cream, Blue and Pullman for Stoves and BR 1960s black, BR 1970s black and BR blue for the ploughs.

From experience, anything in BR maroon sells well with C&C not far behind. In the quirky nature of our hobby, the Pullmans also sold very quickly.

For the Snowploughs, we have been given quotes for five (unspecified) liveries of 250 or  500 each.

Your help:

In order to judge the which liveries to go for I would like to hold a popularity contest.

I want you to vote for the top 4 Stove liveries and top 5 Snowplough liveries that you think would be most popular. Note this is not a vote (necessarily) for those that you would buy, but those you think would most likely to be purchased by NGS members.

In order NOT to block up this forum please respond to the shop account at shop@... . Just send the four numbers and five letters below in the subject line of your email – no need to add any content unless you want to.

Stoves (top 4)

1 - BR Maroon,

2 - BR Crimson & Cream,

3 - BR Blue,

4 - Pullman,

5 - LMS Crimson,

6 - BR Crimson,

7 - Undecorated,

8 - Engineers red

Ploughs (top 5)

A - BR '60s Black,

B - BR '70s black,

C - BR black with hazards,

D - Network Rail black,

E - Railtrack black,

F - RfD Snow Queen,

G - Scotty dog,

H - BR blue,

I - Inverness Stag,

J - RfD Snow King.

Furthermore, if anyone can give authoritative advice on running numbers, then please get in touch or discuss here. Note I don't want references as to where to find running numbers – I don't have the time and it's not my 'job' to do that.

Thanks for reading thus far and for (hopefully) contributing.

Adrian, Shop Manager."

Should you be interested in either of these items follow Adrian's directions.

Cheers,

Geoff

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00