Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

I felt very bloated after mine - they pump you full of inert gas to expand things to give them a better view - which was painful, I can't lie. But that lasted a few hours only and was the only pain/discomfort I felt. The actual procedure was totally free of pain/discomfort, aside from the discomfort of irrational embarrassment that men of our generation might feel.

Best wishes for a thoroughly uninteresting result. :beers:

joe cassidy

I agree with Railgooner, although I didn't suffer any pain from the gas.

It was done under general anaesthetic so I felt groggy afterwards.

Take a taxi home if you don't have anyone to accompany you.

All the best Malc,

Joe

dannyboy

I hope things go well @Malc  and somebody comes back to you and says "That was a waste of time, there's nowt wrong".  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

daffy

When I had mine some years back the whole journey through the deep recesses of my gut were shown on a TV screen conveniently placed for me to watch. :goggleeyes:  Fascinating stuff that took my mind off the very minimal discomfort. Don't remember having any anaesthetic, but think not.

All in all the inevitable pre-procedure nervous anxiety was the worst of it, and the need to keep within a few feet of the bathroom once the Pikolax (or whatever they give you to flush out your innards) takes effect is soon apparent.

Best wishes to you Malc. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Malc

Just taken the first half litre of the Moviprep. I am now putting on my running spikes.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

stevewalker

daffy

Quote from: stevewalker on May 31, 2019, 01:57:30 PM
May I refer you to https://singletrackworld.com/2009/02/the-picolax-thread-returns/

Seems my iPad and that link don't like each other. Or the site is full of pop-ups, ads, and other things that mean it's taking forever to settle down. Sorry Steve, but I'll give it a miss thanks.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

stevewalker

Hmm. Loads instantly on my PC, but is rather slow on my Android phone, although it does work and isn't full of ads for me. I don't have any Apple products to try it on.

Malc

It did work on my iPad, but there were loads of ads. However I have drunk the first litre and it's having zero effect, apart from sitting like concrete in my stomach.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Stay upstairs!!

All the best.

Dave G

RailGooner

Jon898

Quote from: RailGooner on May 31, 2019, 03:53:26 PM
Quote from: stevewalker on May 31, 2019, 01:57:30 PM
May I refer you to https://singletrackworld.com/2009/02/the-picolax-thread-returns/

The advice to have moist toilet wipes at the ready is very sage. :D

That link is hilarious.  :smiley-laughing:

Last time I had the "procedure", they pumped me full of Versed (Midazolam) and I didn't have a care in the world.  Don't know if NHS offers that, but may be worth asking...

Jon

joe cassidy

I don't want to encourage you to have a laugh at Malc's expense ..................................but I will.

Check out the Simpsons episode where Homer undergoes a coloscopy and Bart turns it into a video game !

P.S. The result of my coloscopy was all in order

lil chris

I have had a few Colonpscopy's,I have Chrones disease,I usually have one every three years and I am due another this year. My appointment is near the end of July unless it gets cancelled again. I had picolax myself last time, the general advice is stay near the loo. I seem to have a lot of discomfort with these operations and last time beacuse of the painkillers they would not let me go home on my own in a taxi like I usually do. The wife had to come and collect me, she has a driving licence but does not drive so came in a taxi to collect me. The wife says I probably have so much pain because I am a tight arse, no sympathy at all. good luck Malc.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations