Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

Just as that nice Mr Biden announced that the covid pandemic is over, I tested +ve for the first time this morning :*( . Ohhhhh bother... Left me feeling weak as a kitten - haven't even got the energy to do anything on t' railway.

Cheers,

Chris

Bob Tidbury

Its very ironic  really ,We started wiping and washing everything that came in to the house with sanitiser wipes ,we never went out of the house the whole of lockdown ,now that things are relaxed and we have started to go out ,I cought the dreaded Covid and was really rough for three days last week ,still not feeling that great  now my Wife and son have both got it so at least we three sat and watched the Queens funeral yesterday ,what a really moving ceremony .
I was so rought on Tuesday ,Wednesday and Thursday that I was asleep most of the time which is very unusual for me once I wake up I have to get up even though I have nothing to do .
Bob Tidbury

dannyboy

@Papyrus @Bob Tidbury

I hope you both, (and your families), are soon back to normal. I get the feeling that Covid, like Flu', will never totally go away.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

I'm of the same mind. I've stopped wearing masks for that reason. They're not mandatory on public transport here from tomorrow.

However, my sympathies to Chris and Bob.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

Thanks Bealman and dannyboy at least we have some jokes to cheer us up .
Bob Tidbury

steve836

My sympathy to Chris and Bob also.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Bob Tidbury

I thought at first I had caught Covid at T I N G S but now  it appears I caught it from a visitor on the Sunday afternoon after T I N G S not very happy about that after all the care we were taking during lockdown .
My wife has just done a test and is now negative but me and my son are still testing positive though we are both feeling a bit better .
I still dont feel like going down the shed even though I have a lot of things to do ,The idea of sitting there with a hot soldering iron making wire trees and then having a coughing fit and dropping the soldering iron or worse burning my self does not appeal to me .
Now the walling is here I have now got everything I need to crack on with the module I am building for the club and I am looking forward to being fit enough next week to that .
Every thing has been against me building this module ,first the extreme heat ,then helping to look after my granddaughters during the summer holiday then catching Covid I just wonder what else is going to stop me finishing it ,I made a really good start and was hoping to have finished it by now .But I am NOT going to rush it and spoil it .I hope to do some work on it every day I go down the shed and do every steadily and get it right .
I will be posting photos of my progress next week on the Facebook page and I expect Crewearply40 will transfer them on to the main page for me .
Bob Tidbury

dannyboy

Sorry to hear about the Covid Bob, but at least you are feeling a bit better now. As for the soldering iron - leave it in the cupboard for now.  ;)
David.

emjaybee

Monday 3rd October

I took the decision this morning to have our cat, Chaos, put to sleep. She fell asleep in my arms at home this morning.

She'd had quite the life, the equivalent of 90 human years. She, and her late sister Mayhem, came to us as five week old feral kittens via the local vets way back in 2004. Over the last few years she'd been diagnosed with stage 3 kidney disease, hyperthyroidism, irritable bowel disease, she'd thrown two blood clots, and had a small stroke. Despite all that, she still had a good quality of life and loved being around us. The last few weeks her mobility had decreased and age finally caught up with her.

Chaos was a very affectionate cat, and loved nothing more than a cuddle and was content to be carried around the house or draped across me on the sofa. Many of you knew her from the Tuesday Zoom sessions where she frequently made an appearance.

She will leave a big hole that will fill with all the happy memories she has given us.

Sadly missed, but never to be forgotten.

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

stevewalker

So sad. We have only lost two (three including my childhood cat) and are dreading anything happening to any of our three.

Nbodger

So Sorry to here of your loss Michael, we will all miss her antics on a Tuesday

dannyboy

So sorry to hear that Mike. Our animals are more than just pets, they are part of the family. As you say, you have your memories.
David.

Skyline2uk

Go in peace kitty.

I am especially fond of cats and it's never easy saying goodbye.

Wishing you the best

Skyline2uk

Train Waiting

So sorry to hear this.

With all good wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

steve836

Not a fan of cats, but can sympathise with your loss. Losing a pet is like losing a family member.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations