Gaugemaster Collection: Class 73's

Started by guest6298, August 31, 2018, 05:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrahamB

Personally I'm hoping that they realised they needed to rework the chassis. They reworked the 33 chassis for the Next18 decoder, perhaps they're doing the same.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 22, 2020, 10:38:15 AM
It's not as if it's a new model. Re-liveried is all. Seems like the Westerns for Cheltenham Model Centre and Osborns may have been pushed in before it and they're only re-liveries too.

Bang on there Mick, if it was new tooling being made I could sort of go along with delay, basically its a change of colour and tampo printing pads!

Maybe there is a new chassis being made based on CJM's Saturn, now that would be well worth the wait !  :)

LASteve

Quote from: GrahamB on August 22, 2020, 04:26:28 PM
Personally I'm hoping that they realised they needed to rework the chassis. They reworked the 33 chassis for the Next18 decoder, perhaps they're doing the same.
That would be nice. If I end up waiting two years or more for an old model, albeit in BR Blue with a pre-TOPS number I might not be quite so excited. I do have a reworked 33 (from CR Signals, sound fitted, what a beauty!) and it looks tremendous, so here's hoping.

Capri_sam

In fairness I asked about these in February on the digest and they said new deco samples were out soon - then covid hit. As soon as it loosens up, Gaugemaster start posting said samples on their Instagram account. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that Covid got in the way for the last few months.

That doesn't explain the year+ (or is it two?) delay beforehand, though. Perhaps the pre-orders have been sluggish so it's gone to the back of the pile?

It seems that e6039 may have been dropped too unless the deco sample has been delayed. There was no mention of it on Instagram.

LASteve

Quote from: Capri_sam on August 23, 2020, 09:24:51 AM
It seems that e6039 may have been dropped too unless the deco sample has been delayed. There was no mention of it on Instagram.
The deco sample for E6039 has never been seen, although the description has always referenced its own SKU and description. For some reason it's always the 73134 sample that is shown. 73126 and the green E6003 are also missing from the Instagram photo, but still listed at Hatton's, for example.

Capri_sam

Quote from: LASteve on August 23, 2020, 04:13:21 PM
Quote from: Capri_sam on August 23, 2020, 09:24:51 AM
The deco sample for E6039 has never been seen, although the description has always referenced its own SKU and description. For some reason it's always the 73134 sample that is shown. 73126 and the green E6003 are also missing from the Instagram photo, but still listed at Hatton's, for example.

There is a photo of E6003 on their instagram account - although it doesn't look any different to the old version previously shown to be honest!

Newportnobby

From Dapol Digest - latest is Dec 2020.
Guess that depends if you believe in Sanity Clause

daveg

Better check with Chico, Mick!

Does that make it a 2 or 3 year wait?

Glad I've got mine  :P

Stay safe everybody!

Dave G

LASteve

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 08, 2020, 02:44:22 PM
I might have got some third rail laid by then, but not holding my breath!

Mr Sprue

Quote from: LASteve on October 08, 2020, 04:24:44 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on October 08, 2020, 02:44:22 PM
I might have got some third rail laid by then, but not holding my breath!

Well its no big deal if you don't get your 3rd rail fitted, cos these baby's are an electro-diesel locomotive.  ;)

LASteve

Quote from: Mr Sprue on October 08, 2020, 04:29:12 PM
Well its no big deal if you don't get your 3rd rail fitted, cos these baby's are an electro-diesel locomotive.  ;)
That's one heck of a gap to get gapped by though!

GrahamB

Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Bornin1980something

Genuine question; what is the 'electric blue' used on some early 73s in the collection? Is it like the west coast electric blue, or closer to rail blue?

LASteve

Quote from: Bornin1980something on October 10, 2020, 10:39:23 PM
Genuine question; what is the 'electric blue' used on some early 73s in the collection? Is it like the west coast electric blue, or closer to rail blue?
Much closer to Rail Blue - you couldn't confuse a CL 73 with a CL 83 by color (I hope the class numbers are accurate, I grew up calling 'em E60'ers and E30'ers!)

Here's a CL 73 with a Crompton CL 33 close by for comparison with rail blue

And here's the CL 83 - might be closer to the Midlands Pullman than anything else?

Mr Sprue

Quote from: GrahamB on October 09, 2020, 07:07:11 AM
Someone seems to think they'll be here soon

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dapol-Class-73-s-Collection-N-Gauge/154101573539?hash=item23e12b67a3:g:8FIAAOSwbgpfbKQn  :hmmm:

LOL... I noticed there wasn't any 'Brighton Evening Argus' or 'The Royal Alex' liveries in that listing.

But of course not!  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations