Gaugemaster Collection: Class 73's

Started by guest6298, August 31, 2018, 05:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 13, 2021, 09:44:53 PM
Quote from: Mr Sprue on July 13, 2021, 08:03:54 PM
Just kicking the can further down the road........ So has anyone heard of any uplifting news to get us all excited again?

I asked the question of Joel 23 hours ago on Dapol Digest - no reply yet :no:

This has to be like a headache that won't go away for him Mick, there cant that much money to be made from this run if any, what with inflation etc. Their fault for taking so bloody long!

Bob G

Quote from: Mr Sprue on July 13, 2021, 10:04:36 PM
Quote from: njee20 on July 13, 2021, 09:37:54 PM
They had the painted shells in the shop at the weekend, the Network Rail one definitely doesn't look right.

What doesn't look right about them Nick?  :worried:

I'm convinced that their artwork guy is colourblind.

njee20

They had the painted shells in the shop at the weekend, the Network Rail one definitely doesn't look right.

Too orange. It's a difficult colour to reproduce, and varies signficantly, but it's not right.

steadfast

Quote from: njee20 on July 13, 2021, 10:50:34 PM

Too orange. It's a difficult colour to reproduce, and varies signficantly, but it's not right.

The samples I've seen online match the colours Dapol used on the 4mm second batch (for Olivia's?) Which included the weird orangey NR loco
https://images.app.goo.gl/9A6KS7RRR4r4aPCf8
Freshly paint d, definitely standard NR yellow. Also shows the front end should only have a half yellow panel.
https://flic.kr/p/6buwPB

Jo

Newportnobby

More than 2 weeks on from tagging Joel Bright on the Dapol Digest and no response as to likely availability.
Oh well - I guess it was a forlorn hope ::)

RailGooner

Bob G

Just had a prompt from Hattons that the Gaugemaster Collection 153s in First Great Western & Great Western Railway liveries will be coming to our shores in October.

Who tells Gaugemaster to ignore the grey pound? (or whatever us oldies are called these days?)

I'm sick of DMUs that don't fit my modelling eras. I want my 73s in green and early blue.

Long live the Revolution!

Bob

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 28, 2021, 12:43:51 PM
More than 2 weeks on from tagging Joel Bright on the Dapol Digest and no response as to likely availability.
Oh well - I guess it was a forlorn hope ::)

Of course not, he's just probably hoping that this headache will just fizzle out and fade away. But he will swamp his market again with Brits, F9's and Hall's, Oh and of course Q1's!

Newportnobby

From Joel at Dapol on their Digest site 3 days ago........

They are just coming to the end of production. Should be in store around October time.

Be there light at the end of yonder tunnel, or is it some  :censored: with a torch bringing more work?

LASteve

Well, that's rather jolly news. That tunnel has been longer than the Gotthard Tunnel in Switzerland. Or the pipeline longer than the Druzhba Pipeline in Russia, if you prefer.

:bounce:

GrahamB

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 28, 2021, 05:10:11 PM

They are just coming to the end of production. Should be in store around October time.

Be there light at the end of yonder tunnel, or is it some  :censored: with a torch bringing more work?
Any hint regarding which October?  :hmmm:
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

RailGooner

Quote from: Newportnobby on August 28, 2021, 05:10:11 PM

Pinch me!

Mr Sprue

Meanwhile 3 issues of outdated credit card later!  ::)

Mark

England thrash India in the 3rd test, West Ham top of the Premier League and Dapol's 73s finally on their way. Can't decide which of these was the most improbable.  Strange, but happy day.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations