The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Why is it that people drive to the supermarket, park up, get a trolley, and then once inside the building they lose all sense of spatial awareness? Would they abandon their car in the middle of the road? Probably not, but it's OK to leave their trolley in the middle of an aisle while they go off searching for something. Why do they meet up and start their jibber-jabber at the top of an aisle so nobody else can get past. Why do they go to the supermarket to smack their kids? I'm sorry but I know what I want, I know where it is, and I just want in and out as soon as possible with minimal bruising/lacerations. Grrrrrrrr. Anyone got a Taser for sale?  >:(

Sprintex

That all sounds fairly familiar, not forgetting the ones that drift off to the side to look at something while their trolley sticks out right across the aisle behind them  ::)

I find a good hard bash with my trolley gets the message across, especially when it jolts their hand that is still hanging onto it, and the ones left unattended in the middle of the aisle get a hefty shove so that the offending owner has to search for it when they realise it's gone missing  :thumbsup:

Paul

Newportnobby

Quote from: Sprintex on December 18, 2011, 10:31:36 AM
That all sounds fairly familiar, not forgetting the ones that drift off to the side to look at something while their trolley sticks out right across the aisle behind them  ::)

I find a good hard bash with my trolley gets the message across, especially when it jolts their hand that is still hanging onto it, and the ones left unattended in the middle of the aisle get a hefty shove so that the offending owner has to search for it when they realise it's gone missing  :thumbsup:

Paul
:evil: :evil: I didn't want to fess up to what I do, but I can see I'm not alone :smiley-laughing:

H

This 'angry' thread must be one of the biggest on the forum. We must be a bunch of miserable and unhappy sorts. I wonder what sort of response a 'happy and delighted' thread would get.  ;D

H.

grid078

Quote from: H on December 18, 2011, 11:27:52 AM
This 'angry' thread must be one of the biggest on the forum. We must be a bunch of miserable and unhappy sorts. I wonder what sort of response a 'happy and delighted' thread would get.  ;D

H.

Maybe you could start the "Happy and delighted" thread H  :smiley-laughing:  :thumbsup:

brbluewill

Quote from: newportnobby on December 18, 2011, 10:27:20 AM
Why is it that people drive to the supermarket, park up, get a trolley, and then once inside the building they lose all sense of spatial awareness? Would they abandon their car in the middle of the road? Probably not, but it's OK to leave their trolley in the middle of an aisle while they go off searching for something. Why do they meet up and start their jibber-jabber at the top of an aisle so nobody else can get past. Why do they go to the supermarket to smack their kids? I'm sorry but I know what I want, I know where it is, and I just want in and out as soon as possible with minimal bruising/lacerations. Grrrrrrrr. Anyone got a Taser for sale?  >:(
i am so happy its not just me that experiences this only last week this woman pushed herself and her trolley past me while i was getting something off the shelves instead of going round me ::) she was not too impressed with what i said to her ;D ;D ;D
Where our songs are challenged we shall sing them all the louder!!!!!

Newportnobby

Quote from: grid078 on December 18, 2011, 11:32:12 AM

H.

Maybe you could start the "Happy and delighted" thread H  :smiley-laughing:  :thumbsup:

We already have a 'Happy Thread' but as has been discussed in several places (not least reviews of models) we do like having a moan more than we are happy. This accounts for the size of each thread :computerangry:

Jerry Howlett

Its the delights of becoming Grumpy old gits, Perhaps we should become the Victor Meldrew club.  :smiley-laughing:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Lawrence

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on December 18, 2011, 02:29:05 PM
Its the delights of becoming Grumpy old gits, Perhaps we should become the Victor Meldrew club.  :smiley-laughing:

Maybe that's what we should rename this thread  :smiley-laughing:

Oldman

Quote from: Lawrence on December 18, 2011, 04:04:22 PM

Maybe that's what we should rename this thread  :smiley-laughing:
As a mod with Tanks permission can you try it. >:(
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

jonclox

Quote from: grid078 on December 18, 2011, 11:32:12 AM
We must be a bunch of miserable and unhappy sorts.

H.

8)  Oooooh Ive been recognised at last. Thanks H :thumbsup:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

jonclox

Oh I joined that years ago  ::)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

My broadband (from dear ole BT) is so poor tonight that I am giving up and will try again in the morning. I've reset the hub at least 4 times, every time restarting my laptop and it's pathetic. It's like it's a crap night on the telly and the whole of Leyland is busy tweeting or facebooking (whatever). Grrr >:( :thumbsdown:

Tank

I'm on BT Infinity......well worth it. :thumbsup:

Pete Mc

Been in our latest Morrisons this afternoon,it was absolutely heaving.I'v never seen so many people pushing full trolleys around.Its a wonder there was anything left on the shelves.

Anyway,when I got to the checkout,I thought I'd use the self service checkout.What a mistake that was.Every item I had barring the tins of roses I had bought made the light on the machine go from green to red,meaning the woman who supervises and checks no one is nicking owt had to keep coming to reset the damn thing.

Then,on the way out,people can't seem to wait a moment for the next segment of the revolving doors to come round,which makes em stop,then start,then stop again and again and again....
:NGaugersRule: :Class37:
Pete
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations