The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham

Quote from: Yet_Another on July 15, 2021, 12:57:09 PM
Quote from: Graham on July 15, 2021, 12:51:47 PM
Quote from: Bealman on July 15, 2021, 10:22:02 AM
I think you missed NSW after "from"  :(
So I did George, just really p***** off, thought we had gotten away with this round.
But what is a removalist?

Someone who works removing furniture from one location to anther is the closest I can come to an explanation. I have a vague memory we just called them removals men before I migrated to this side of the world. Of course today they will be removals people for the PC community.

Bealman

Our worst covid day in Sydney to date, and hundreds of "selfish buffheads" (police chief's words) out on the streets with no masks on, protesting about the lockdown.
There was violence and things thrown at police.  >:( :veryangry:

I hope the police view every bit of vision they have of the event and slap fines on all of these  :censored: idiots.

Apparently they have every intention of doing so. Good.  :veryangry:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

On BBC Breakfast news yesterday morning they interviewed a young (late 20's?) chap and asked if he'd been 'jabbed' yet, to which he replied 'No'. When asked why not he said he'd heard they could then track him, know where he was at any time, know what he has in his bank etc etc. Not sure who 'they are' (MI5 maybe?) but I just thought he'd been brainwashed. Then I thought maybe there wasn't one to wash in the first place ::)

Snowwolflair

When the government report into COVID19 comes out the first line should read.

THE GOVERNMENT SEROIUOSLY UNDERESTIMATED THE STUPIDITY OF THE MAJORITY OF THE POPULATION   :smiley-laughing:

Yet_Another

Turns out, the govt isn't as good at viral memes as a bunch of deluded 20- & 30-somethings. No surprises there, then.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

railsquid

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 24, 2021, 11:51:05 AM
On BBC Breakfast news yesterday morning they interviewed a young (late 20's?) chap and asked if he'd been 'jabbed' yet, to which he replied 'No'. When asked why not he said he'd heard they could then track him, know where he was at any time, know what he has in his bank etc etc. Not sure who 'they are' (MI5 maybe?) but I just thought he'd been brainwashed. Then I thought maybe there wasn't one to wash in the first place ::)

Wait until he hears what "they" can track via his mobile phone...

guest311

I guess that will make his brain head explode  :smiley-laughing:

thebrighton

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 24, 2021, 11:51:05 AM
And what's even more worrying is he was a vlogger/influencer so how many of his followers have hung on his every word.
The real gem though was the young woman immediately afterwards who hasn't been jabbed because she's suffers from asthmma so was worried what side affects the jab would have on her. Just what bit of being asthmatic and therefore at high risk of contracting severe covid doesn't she understand. We're all doomed as Private Fraser used to tell us!

Newportnobby

I'm quite sure there are many with genuine medical reasons for vaccination exemption but whichever way, I see no reason for the Scots to be inflicted with them :D :no:

guest311

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 24, 2021, 05:20:33 PM
I'm quite sure there are many with genuine medical reasons for vaccination exemption but whichever way, I see no reason for the Scots to be inflicted with them :D :no:

I did nearly suggest Rockal, with no dinghys allocated.

IIRC, it is covered at high tide, solving the problem.

but I did wonder if a bit extreme ... HB says grrr - rufff ruff, not sure if he agrees whicever way  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

True - the vaccinations won't prevent you getting Covid first time round or second time round but the effects are nowhere near as severe or as fatal as being unvaccinated.
True - some have died from cerebral blood clots but they are measured in tens in every million vaccinated so the odds are heavily in favour of getting jabbed. Every day of life is a risk if you lead a normal life so why give a virus a chance to add to those risks. Thousands also die of flu every year despite vaccines being available.
I can only speak for what I know/hear of in the UK but, IMHO, to not be vaccinated is to shorten the odds of contraction. We've had people die from eating something with an ingredient they're allergic to owing to it not being stated on a menu/packaging. I guess the answer is simple. Don't eat. There are endless examples of tragedy through human error (self inflicted or not)

Newportnobby

[gmod]I am temporarily locking this thread until the entire Mod team have had a chance to review the posts about Covid. Obviously there are differing opinions but maybe no right opinion which makes such a discussion pointless and leads to antagonism. Each to their own but maybe not on the forum[/gmod]

Newportnobby

[gmod]The Mods and Admin team have reviewed the latest posts regarding Covid and removed some. Everyone needs to be aware that Covid, unless directly relating to yourself or your family, is now a taboo subject on the forum and should be treated just like politics as opinions tend to be personal views of persons involved and, in some cases, very abrasive. The forum Code of Conduct will be amended to reflect this. Mods will remove any posts they feel go against this. The thread is now open for business again [/gmod]

port perran

My mother's landline started to suffer intermittent problems on Monday.
She's 89 and relies on the landline - she's also got a Lifeline which relies on the telephone working.
My father died in late June and Virgin (who provide the landline) were notified the day after he died.

So....I call the Virgin help desk on Monday to raise an urgent engineer's visit.
It went badly wrong.
Helpdesk "Can I speak to Mr Scane the account holder"
Me "He died on 28th June and I informed your bereavement line"
Helpdesk "We can't do anything without speaking to Mr Scane"
Me "He's dead"
Helpdesk "You need to inform the bereavement team"
Me "I did that on 29th June.
Helpdesk "Ah...that can take up to 6 weeks to filter through"
Me "So how do I get help with my mother's phone?"
Helpdesk "Well just this once I can help, What is the account password?"
Me "I've no idea"
Helpdesk "In that case there is nothing I can do"
I then tell them about the urgency of the situation and that my mother is 89 years old etc.
Helpdesk "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do"
Me "Can I speak to your supervisor?"
Helpdesk "I'm sorry we are working from home due to Covid so my supervisor isn't here"
Me "No worries, call your supervisor and ask him to call me back"
Helpdesk "We cannot do that Sir"
Me "So...is your supervisor at home doing nothing them?"
Helpdesk "I can't comment on that Sir"

And so it went on with me becoming increasingly irate.

So....I hang up and try again with a different helpdesk person but with exactly the same result.

I try once more and this time get an awfully pleasant, helpful Indian sounding gentleman who went out of his way to help by applying common sense to sort the problem.
The phone is now fixed.
Virgin have a letter of complaint winging its way to them and the phone is being transferred to BT.
Virgin won't give a toss but their service is way, way below what is acceptable!
Rant Over
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations