The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

EyeFi is a Wi-Fi chip in an 8GB SD card.

So around the house my photos go straight to my computer.  when i'm out it saves them and dumps them as soon as it sees my house Wi-Fi

Works on any camera that takes an SD card. 

My Nikon Coolipix P7000 even sees the card when its installed and can switch it on and off from the camera menu.

Dieselpunk

Hmmmm, what makes me angry? I could go into detail but I don't think the internet is big enough to cope! Suffice to say that my major niggle is aging, I got into N gauge just as my eyesight started to throw its hand in, my fingers started to not be as nimble as they once were and don't get me started on my back problems! There is more, believe me there is more.................

DELETED

I blasted off about my trouble contacting the DWP before but I'm something like 6 weeks in to trying to call them.  4 weeks ago today I luckily got through to someone and they were supposed to send me a letter so I could send to HMRC to correct my tax code as I'm still being deducted for being on Jobseekers benefit today (I was thrown-off Jobseekers 11 months ago for going over my hours one single week -but I couldn't get any work afterwards).  I'm still waiting for the letter as HMRC won't budge until they get proof -VIA ME from the DWP :veryangry:.  DWP closes at 18:00hrs -I finish work at 17:00hrs and an hour on hold still isn't long enough to get through to someone at DWP, I can't wait 30-60mins plus plus on hold on a works phone or my mobile during my working day now I have work :veryangry: :veryangry:.  I sent DWP a formal letter of complaint a week ago, I suppose it's too soon to get an answer but I can see this going to the ombudsman so it's now on a count down. My experience of ombudsmans this past year or so for one other case is they're not much use though :'(

Newportnobby

Sounds like you're stuck in a vicious circle. I hope you can get it resolved soon, Rich.

woodbury22uk

RST. You have to understand how these large (government) organisations work. They look at the mail in date order, and if they have a 2 months backlog it will be 2 months before they touch your letter. Many large business will scan the mail when it arrives then put it in a virtual queue so when you call them they can find it.

That regular recorded answer "we are experiencing large call volumes at the moment" is a clear sign of a business which does not rate customer satisfaction very highly, and receives larger numbers of calls than they are willing to handle.

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

jonclox

Eldest son came to me on Thursday in a bit of a state because his PC start up switch has obviously broken.
I checked it out and sure enough it was  :censored: so we hunted round the net for a replacement.
The only ones we could find were either in the States or China and were duly ordered via Amazon.
Malc Kindly pointed out in answer to my question in the correct section here that would be simply a press to connect switch and I should be able to cobble up a replacement unit from 'stuff' in my railway boxes.
I had managed to get one posted to me by EBay but that wouldn't work either.
It then dawned on me that the problem wasn't the switch but the PSU. Checking that out it was found to be an ex PSU  :veryangry:
Amazon do a direct replacement and I placed an order asking for 24hour delivery.
I thought that paying extra for delivery was for once worth it  :-\
OK Its being delivered today
[/BUTb] the delivery was free :goggleeyes:
The snag being that I was promptly given membership of Amazon prime for a year for a one off payment of £79.  :help:  :veryangry: :veryangry:
Ive got 7 days to cancel things so once the PSU is delivered my membership will (I hope) :-\ be terminated.
I am now sat in a darkened room fuming quietly to myself.  :-[ :censored: :censored: :censored:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Calnefoxile

Quote from: jonclox on March 27, 2016, 11:21:22 AM
[/BUTb] the delivery was free :goggleeyes:
The snag being that I was promptly given membership of Amazon prime for a year for a one off payment of £79.  :help:  :veryangry: :veryangry:
Ive got 7 days to cancel things so once the PSU is delivered my membership will (I hope) :-\ be terminated.
I am now sat in a darkened room fuming quietly to myself.  :-[ :censored: :censored: :censored:

Jon,

But with Amazon Prime at least you'll be able to see the new motoring programme with Clarkson, May & Hammond 😉😉

Regards

Neal

Paul B

Quote from: Calnefoxile on March 27, 2016, 01:16:40 PM
...be able to see the new motoring programme with Clarkson, May & Hammond 😉😉
Neal
:sick: :sick: :sick:
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

jonclox

:goggleeyes: That's another fine reason to cancel the membership
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

From what I hear the new BBC one with 7 presenters is going to be a whole lot worse ::)
I'll give it a whirl just to see how bad it is, though.

scotsoft

Quote from: RST on March 25, 2016, 11:18:50 PM
I blasted off about my trouble contacting the DWP before but I'm something like 6 weeks in to trying to call them.  4 weeks ago today I luckily got through to someone and they were supposed to send me a letter so I could send to HMRC to correct my tax code as I'm still being deducted for being on Jobseekers benefit today (I was thrown-off Jobseekers 11 months ago for going over my hours one single week -but I couldn't get any work afterwards).  I'm still waiting for the letter as HMRC won't budge until they get proof -VIA ME from the DWP :veryangry:.  DWP closes at 18:00hrs -I finish work at 17:00hrs and an hour on hold still isn't long enough to get through to someone at DWP, I can't wait 30-60mins plus plus on hold on a works phone or my mobile during my working day now I have work :veryangry: :veryangry:.  I sent DWP a formal letter of complaint a week ago, I suppose it's too soon to get an answer but I can see this going to the ombudsman so it's now on a count down. My experience of ombudsmans this past year or so for one other case is they're not much use though :'(

I had a problem with the DWP which like yours had me going round in circles. One of my friends told me to email my MP, which I did and 24 hours later my problem was solved. I received a phonecall from a woman at the DWP who asked me a few questions and approximately two hours later all my frustration and worry had gone.

So I would strongly advise you to send off an email to your MP on Tuesday.

Cheers John.

daveg

Quote from: scotsoft on March 27, 2016, 07:03:10 PM
Quote from: RST on March 25, 2016, 11:18:50 PM

I had a problem with the DWP which like yours had me going round in circles. One of my friends told me to email my MP, which I did and 24 hours later my problem was solved. I received a phonecall from a woman at the DWP who asked me a few questions and approximately two hours later all my frustration and worry had gone.

So I would strongly advise you to send off an email to your MP on Tuesday.

Cheers John.

Absolutely!  :thumbsup:

That's one of the (few) reasons they are here.

Dave G

1936ace

Don't you just love it when an online eBay retailer lists an item but the description is not as shown in the photo. Checked their other items and it is the same practice. Item written description not as per item in photo.
Dodgy as !!!!

B757-236GT

Dont normally post in here and this is a annoyed post rather than angry one but im currently sat at Heathrow waiting for SQ322 only to find its gone to Manchester with around 25 other long haul flights. I dont mind doing a little planespotting but i didnt bring my camera, notebook or airband radio. Im more angry about that than the flight diversion.
Richard
You want the truth, you cant handle the truth. Welcome to the Fox news channel. (Andy Parsons)

Newportnobby

Knowing what Storm Katy has thrown at Heathrow last night/this morning I'm not surprised it was diverted.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations