The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeelixTC

At the risk of sounding like a bit of a 'stiff'; whilst I completely understand the frustration and anger at such an incident, I cannot condone the acts of revenge that have been mooted.

Me mam always told me that 'two wrongs don't make a right'

It's the thin end of the Anarchy wedge  :o

Just my two penn'orth  :-\

Pete Mc

What about "Revenge is a dish best served cold."

If I knew where the person lived who did that to my car,even though its quite old,a visit in the very small hours,dressed in dark clothing would be the order of the day for me.This sort of thing,although not nice at all,only happens when you first change your car.When I last changed mine,it was used by all the kids on our street to chase each other around.I was a nervous wreck,constantly up and down looking out the window at them.

I'd park it in the supermarket car park away from ither cars and when I came out,it was surrounded by cars older and some bangers.

Trouble is,nowadays,no one has any respect for other peoples property.Bashing doors,scraping bumpers,touch parking and those who don't look until the bang happens all serves to show how inept some are at driving.I see lots of examples of stupid driving on a daily basis and its shocking so its no wonder these things happen.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

WeZ

Following on from the Car Park incident post.

If you have the details report it to the police.  Technically its a hit and run. Which is also punishable by the law.

At the very least they will look up the owners address and pop around to see them,  even if nothing else comes of it maybe it will stop the silly mare from thinking about doing it again if she gets a visit from the boys in blue!

I am like another poster,  i tend to park miles away from the shop door much to my wife's dismay.  I dont care where she parks her shopping car but my Tonka Truck gets parked where i want to.

Again like the other poster i often return to the car to find all sorts of rust buckets then parked next to it.  Like fly's on %^&(  :(

Michael Shillabeer

RIP Nokia 1871 - 2013

It's a sad day with the announcement that Microsoft is buying Nokia - the Nokia that an ex-Microsoft employee ran into the ground :(

That ex-Microsoft employee is now tipped to become head of Microsoft...

Michael

daveg

Quote from: Michael Shillabeer on September 03, 2013, 08:18:50 AM
RIP Nokia 1871 - 2013

It's a sad day with the announcement that Microsoft is buying Nokia - the Nokia that an ex-Microsoft employee ran into the ground :(

Michael

Sad indeed. Further tightening of the world-wide corporate noose.

Soylent Green! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green)

Dave G

Geoff

RIP Nokia 1871 - 2013

Michael

Nokia lost the plot when the first i Phone came out, they thought folks would not want smart phones at the time, I was a Nokia fan but there blatant refusal to keep up with the times came up and bit them on the bum, I bought a Nokia windows phone and I had nothing but trouble with it, I turned back on my 3GS which works perfect for me, so for Microsoft to buy out Nokia is a blessing in disguise for Nokia, lets just hope they can now build phones to keep up with Samsung, Apple etc.
Geoff

EtchedPixels

RIP Nokia 1871 - 2013

Michael

As someone working for the competition I'm praying he does become head of Microsoft.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Dorsetmike

Quote from: daveg on September 03, 2013, 08:32:07 AM
RIP Nokia 1871 - 2013

Michael

[cynical mode] One wonders if Microsloth placed him at Nokia on purpose [/cynical mode]

Sad indeed. Further tightening of the world-wide corporate noose.

Soylent Green! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green)

Dave G
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

EtchedPixels

So not only are German trains better and cheaper than ours but they are doing that despite the fact that several major rail, sleeper and switch blade manufacturers were operating an illegal cartel to overcharge Deutsche Bahn for ten years..  :veryangry: :veryangry:

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

davieb

I wish Antex put a light on their soldering irons  :hmmm:

Just spent 30Mins waiting for my soldering iron to warm up  :confused2:

Only just realised I had plugged my mini-drill in by mistake  :smackedface: :veryangry2:

It's been a long day  :-[

dave  :-X

mereman

I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: davieb on September 14, 2013, 08:24:20 PM

Only just realised I had plugged my mini-drill in by mistake  :smackedface: :veryangry2:

HOORAY! So good to hear somebody else does the same as myself!!

Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

daveg

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on September 15, 2013, 07:30:01 AM
Quote from: davieb on September 14, 2013, 08:24:20 PM

HOORAY! So good to hear somebody else does the same as myself!!

Peter.

As well as putting your best small screwdriver down exactly where it won't be found for weeks and weeks!  :doh:

Dave G

mereman

Quote from: daveg on September 15, 2013, 07:54:47 AM

As well as putting your best small screwdriver down exactly where it won't be found for weeks and weeks!  :doh:

Dave G

I'm certain someone or something moves them. Many years ago when I was a motorcycle mechanic I could never find the 10mm spanner I had just put down. :D
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: mereman on September 15, 2013, 01:52:56 PM
Quote from: daveg on September 15, 2013, 07:54:47 AM

Dave G

I'm certain someone or something moves them. Many years ago when I was a motorcycle mechanic I could never find the 10mm spanner I had just put down. :D

That's amazing!  It was always my 10 mm spanner that went missing!.  I'd buy another until eventually I had 6!
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations