Dapol A4 Mallard - Repainted Into Network SouthEast Livery.

Started by Tank, February 19, 2020, 12:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I thought you all might like to see my newest model from Mercig Studios.  I think he did a great job. :thumbsup:

I did think about converting it to 3rd rail pickup, but decided against it for now.

Opinions welcome!  :)

emjaybee

Well, I've checked the date, and we're not in April.

So, I'm just going to go with 'There's something wrong in your head'.

Excellent paint job mind, but definitely something wrong in your head.

:hmmm:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Gizzy

Well it's, err, diferent?

Nice paint job, but maybe it should be in the current LNER livery instead of Notwork SouthEast....
Gizzy

Gentleman, scholar, railway modeller....

Dickydcc

I think it looks fantastic! I am a great fan of "what if"............. so is there a story behind it?

Skyline2uk

Oh great leader, me thinks you doth pull our chain with your toothpaste fowl!

Do share the back story, even OCD me thinks it is good excuse!

Skyline2uk

Adam1701D

Quote from: Gizzy on February 19, 2020, 12:37:33 PM

Nice paint job, but maybe it should be in the current LNER livery instead of Notwork SouthEast....

If anyone wan't a go, I'll happily knock up some Azuma stripes to fit...
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

TalyllynJon

Is drug abuse amongst railway modellers an issue we need to address?!

For me the A4s were probably the most beautiful of all British steam locos. And I'd have to say that I always thought NSE livery was particularly hideous (it looked like they tried to save money by not hiring professional designers and just gave a few felt tips to some kids to see what they came up with!). Having said that, I think it still looks better than the dismal British Railways green they had to suffer in their later years!

I'd love to know why?

guest311

with 3 or 4, or maybe 5, 'what-if' HST sets, courtesy of Chris of Old Warren TMD fame, I suppose I shouldn't comment  :hmmm:

ok, I will  >:D

a lovely model, but what a scheme to put on it  :'(

and why third rail considered, to power the drivers laptop  >:(

Papyrus

Quote from: Tank on February 19, 2020, 12:06:20 PM

Opinions welcome!  :)

:thumbsdown:

That is just sacrilege!! :sick:

I think you should be thrown off the forum for that - oh, wait, no we can't, you're the boss. Damn...  :smackedface:

Cheers,

Chris

snitchthebudgie

At least it's not in purple and pink 'Barbie' livery.  Now that's a thought - a 'Hallo Kitty' A4....  Hat, coat, short plank....

Fardap

Quote from: Gizzy on February 19, 2020, 12:37:33 PM

Agree new LNER if wanting to force a modern image on it - nice job though very tidy if a little upsetting...

Skyline2uk

The, erm, mixed reaction on here has me reminiscing about the various outcry's from "outraged of xxx" when Flying Scotsman was painted the WRONG shade of green (from LNER to BR) by its then new owner.

Threats received, including from a vicar  :goggleeyes:

And again when it went Wartime Black. Much froth!

It's the same story, time again, when locos are painted, be it purple Deltics or orange Vacs.

I do think Tank might need a real Tank to protect himself if he was responsible for doing this to the REAL Mallard.

Personally I would rather a loco exists in an iffy livery than either be scrapped or linger on in that most awful of all liveries: Corrosion Brown.

Skyline2uk

Capri_sam

I'm all in favour of winding up a purist, and this is both hilarious and well done. She looks great! But I think you missed a trick not putting a full yellow warning panel on  :D

Now, speaking of third rail, a Govia Southern Q1 with wasp stripes please!

Or a thameslink M7, your choice.

Edit: Alright alright, you can have a crack at a DB Red Black 5 too.

GroupC

Looks great, well done. Life in modelling-world can be far too po-faced and this put a smile on my face.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations