N Gauge Now

Started by Northern Git, November 24, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Issue 13 - Spring 2018 has just dropped through the letter box so I'll have something to read this afternoon :D

Newportnobby

An excellent couple of hours reading, given that I pretty much skipped over the "In Focus - West Coast Electrics" (10 pages) and the APT article (10 pages). Rapido/RevolutioN got excellent mentions and there are some excellent articles on the LNER non pacific locos such as the B1, B17, V2 and J39, another on train formations and a guide to coach type acronyms, and finally one about internet fora for railway modellers where the NGF gets a couple of columns and the comment in the mag of .....

"That brings us, at last, to what you've all no doubt been waiting for - our scale's very own talking shop, the N GAUGE FORUM (their caps).
This is, naturally, the one forum which can be recommended wholeheartedly to N Gauge Now readers..."

A most enjoyable issue.

Not only that, but the next issue (14) scheduled for publication end May promises "A close look at the N Gauge Forum" so I hope @Tank had his best bib and tucker on if he was interviewed!
I also look forward to the focus in that issue on the Class 40 Whistlers, the Stanier BLack 5 and the 8F.

Tank

Lovely to hear!   :beers:  Sadly I doubt I'll ever see it as my last two issues haven't arrived!!!  Great to see that we've been recommended though, and what praise! :thumbsup:

austinbob

Praise is well deserved!!   :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Railwaygun

Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Newportnobby

Received today but not read yet - Issue 14 Summer 2018

Including.......

Model Focus 1 - Stanier Black 5s profiled
Model Focus 2 - Stanier 8Fs
Directory Enquiries - All you can buy in N gauge locos right now
The Perfect Pendolino - how the model came together
Sort 'em out - freight train formations
Model Focus 3 - the Class 40 Whistlers
Lyddle Ended - what happened to the Hornby N gauge models
Model Focus Extra - class 90 25Kv electrics for the WCML

and others

petejones

Still waiting for my issue 14 to arrive, I subbed back in June. They are hopeless at replying to emails >:(

Pete

Newportnobby

I have heard that from many sources, Pete. IMO businesses have to have good communications.
It takes a long time to build up a good reputation and 5 minutes to lose it.

koyli55002

Afraid I stopped subscribing some time ago.......errattic publlcation dates, poor communications and a content which was, to a large degree, re-iterating old knowledge.....I didn't see the point in continuing.

petejones

Those are good points - there are only so many articles that can be written about the history of N gauge.

Pete

Tank

As I mentioned elsewhere, I have had communication with Howard Foy.  He'll be sending me my missing issue and the N Gauge Forum will have a lovely advert in the magazine which I'm excited about.  :)

Howard is now a member on here, so hopefully when things calm down for him with the current issue he can talk to members on here for ideas and resolving any problems.

petejones

Still waiting for the Summer issue. Had no reply from Engee, so put in a PayPal claim to get my money back  :censored:

Pete

Ted

I had a phone call out of the blue from Howard, apologising for the delay. So he's trying, at least!

Must be hard to write, publish and distribute a magazine on your own - not trying to excuse tardy communication, of course.
Just call me Ted, or Edward... or Ed.

Just not Eddie.

Layout & Updates > Midlands Coal & Freight, Late 1980's

dannyboy

I am still waiting for issue 14. I sent an email to Howard, but it was only two days ago.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Paul-H

I managed to buy issue 14 twice (god damd early dementia) if anyone wants a free copy.

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations