What are you building at the moment ?

Started by port perran, June 24, 2011, 09:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Just wondering what everyone is up to on their layouts at the moment ?
For starters, I've just spent the last 2-3 hours making a start on a terrace of 8 low relief granite Cornish cottages. They will all have various extensions/outhouses/sheds (in a ramshackle sort of way which was typical of the area in the early 60s) with small gardens which back onto my branchline and  bordered by an old cornish stone wall/cornish "hedge". As I'm really busy with work, may take a few weeks to complete !
Finished the evening off with a spot of shunting in the goods yard !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

grumbeast

Not building anything at the moment.. everything is in storage waiting for my move at the end of July..

but....

I am planning how to use my new space :)   ... all I know right now is that I want a long very gently curved double track mainline
on 1 side running along a river a la the Rhine... and a nice large passenger station with a train hall

graham

lesmond

The Mighty Command Box Of Power, and a giant, portable lucky green LED.

Well - you did ask!  :thumbsup:
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

MJKERR

I've been at it for 5 years, probably be at it for another 5 years to come...
Finally connected up all sections of the layout a few weeks ago
Currently working on the control panels, just finalising the switches

I am then going to remove the helix and rebuild it
It does work, but some trains struggle to climb it
I have now established I have more room in the corner of the room and so will utilise all of that space, resulting in gentler curves and slightly shallower inclines

jonclox

At the momment I`m researching a new 'venture'(long term) but on my layout its the grand cleanup and start-to-finish-off plus tidy way all the odds, sods and general mess we create when building 'things' ::).
I might have finished this by the start of 2012  ;)
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Shiney Sheff

Just finished a Langley Sentinel Steam Railcar. Running on a super smooth Tomix chassis and I have even put a working head and tail light on this one.

Next on the bench for building is a Graham Hughes CR/LMS/BR 498 Class 0-6-0 tank engine which will be finished in LMS livery

cookiescrumble

kiwi1941

Spooky - I've almost finished a Langley Sentinel on a Tomix chassis too, nosw just needs decals, but I didn't add lights. Hmmm - any chance of a picture? TIA, Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

kiwi1941

Also currently building a model of the old engine shed, which burned down in 1939, at Garsdale on the S&C . I've managed to locate one, probably the only, unpublished photograph of the outside so I'm being a bit creative with the interior adding rafters, shed lights and also lights in the inspection pit.  Brian

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

chester

could kiwi1941 give me a call at chestermachniewski@gmail.com I'd love a copy of the photo of the engine shed at garsdale, been trying everywhere. I have loads of detail photos and drawings and measurements of everything else as part of my research for my model but I'm stumped with the shed. Thanks.

Sithlord75

A variety of stuff as my layout is 1200kms to the SE of my current location, as is the shed it lives in (the layout is in storage in a different location to its home shed).    If you are really keen, you can have a trawl though my blog and see what I have been doing for the last 18 months. www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

kiwi1941

>>could kiwi1941 give me a call at chestermachniewski@gmail.com<<<

Have done. Best, Brian

Newportnobby

Quote from: Sithlord75 on July 30, 2011, 03:18:11 AM
A variety of stuff as my layout is 1200kms to the SE of my current location, as is the shed it lives in

Strewth! 1200kms?? That's one helluva back garden you have :smiley-laughing:

Sithlord75

Quote from: newportnobby on July 30, 2011, 12:54:11 PM
A variety of stuff as my layout is 1200kms to the SE of my current location, as is the shed it lives in

;D Only until December - then I am moving back to the shed I own (6m x 7.5m - I don't know what that is in feet!) and moving the layout in storage back in (1.1m x 5.5m) and then adding the four I presently have planned.  Yes, they all fit  ;)
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Newportnobby

Quote from: Sithlord75 on July 30, 2011, 01:23:30 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on July 30, 2011, 12:54:11 PM

;D Only until December - then I am moving back to the shed I own (6m x 7.5m - I don't know what that is in feet!) and moving the layout in storage back in (1.1m x 5.5m) and then adding the four I presently have planned.  Yes, they all fit  ;)
I think your shed is bigger than my bungalow :'(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations