what region / company is this footbridge?

Started by bluedepot, December 12, 2018, 04:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

port perran

I'd say it's generic.
This shows a lot of ex GW variations and some are similar but none are exactly the same
https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:GWR_covered_footbridges
However, there are various similar examples on other regions I thnk.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bob G

With a bit of a repaint and brick paper on the sides that are not iron, it's passable as the SR one at Okehampton.
Cant upload a pic yet to show you.
Bob

PLD

Also some elements of Great Central design in it, but I don't think it's an exact replica of any single prototype...

exmouthcraig

Lattice work looks similar to Exeter St David's so GWR but as for the rest of it  :hmmm:???????

Obviously an amalgamation of all regions/companies

bluedepot

thanks for the replies!

hmmm...

to me it looks gw

the problem I've got is i collect and run trains from every region so ideally I want generic non region specific buildings....   

I like the western region but it would mean changing signals to lower quad and a few other bits and pieces may need changing... or I may just have to look into other footbridge options!

I'm not too fussy but I do like things to vaguely look like they belong together... at least railway infrastructure anyway...

thankfully having these thoughts before anything on layout is built other than the baseboards

I'll see how it looks when track platforms and signals in place and i can always find another footbridge. ratio one i saw was too southern and others were a bit ornate for my tastes... gaugemaster one i didn't like, so if anyone can suggest footbridges please do!

cheers for replies

Tim

exmouthcraig

longbow

Generic perhaps, but it's painted in GWR colours.

bluedepot

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations