Electra Railway Graphics - computer failure

Started by Adam1701D, May 08, 2016, 07:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam1701D

Bad news: due to a PC hard disk failure, Electra will be out of action until further notice.

Everything important is backed up and I can still receive mails but cannot take any new orders for now.

I shall be trying to restore the pc this week but have no timescale
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Caz

Not a nice thing to happen, the first time I had it happen I didn´t have a back up and learnt the hard way, now I have multiple back ups.   :)

Hope you´re back up and running soon Adam as my Devon Belle Observation car completion is relying on you.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

NeMo

Hoping things get sorted out soon.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Portpatrick

Quote from: Caz on May 08, 2016, 07:44:21 PM
Not a nice thing to happen, the first time I had it happen I didn´t have a back up and learnt the hard way, now I have multiple back ups.   :)

Hope you´re back up and running soon Adam as my Devon Belle Observation car completion is relying on you.   ;)

Oh dear.. As is completion of my Saltire 156.

Adam1701D

All my files are backed up in the cloud and i have an older pc that can be pressed into service. Won't be too long I hope
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

robert shrives

Adam,
sorry to read of failure, backing up and I cloud/365 all offer some security but not nice when it happens. I hope stress caused does not last too long and normality returns - at least the hound will get out more?
regards
Robert 

keithfre

My old XP computer was playing up, taking a long time to start up if at all. I bought a refurbished one to replace it and since then it's been working fine ;-}

Has happened to me in the past with a fridge - I only ordered the replacement and it started working again.

Evidently the mere thought of replacement puts the sh*t up these recalcitrants ;-}

Adam1701D

I am quietly optimistic that Windows 10 may have actually succeeded in repairing the HD. The machine actually started this morning after a number of attempts and completed a lengthy repair process.

Watch this space... 8)
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Snowwolflair

Download and run Malwarebytes if you don't already have it.  Sounds like something has nested in your boot sectors.  Windows 10 is good but it needs help to stop it coming back.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Mustermark

Good luck Adam. Miserable when this happens.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Newportnobby

Having suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure last year (it disintegrated :o) you have my sympathy, Adam. Sadly, I lost quite a lot of data owing to me not backing things up often enough :-[
Lesson learned.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations