Server Upgrade

Started by guest2, December 06, 2018, 03:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

G'day from Australia, Colin, and welcome to the NGF!  :thumbsup:

Don't worry mate, I've been having problems posting pictures since the update, so it's nothing you've done, I assure you.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Hi all,

While were on the subject of posting pics. I think I asked the question and don't think I got an answer (apologies if I did) but when the gallery is sorted can I post like I used to?

I have a problem with making the pics smaller to post so shall/can I just wait so I can post them or go on a computer course?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Tank

The new gallery has come to halt, due to the author not helping us with what is needed.  :'(  I have to wait until they update it with what we need.  You will be able to edit photo's with the upgrade, but for now, you will need to do them yourself.

Going back on topic, I'm finding the forum to be very quick.

port perran

Quote from: weave on February 07, 2019, 08:06:41 PM
Hi all,

While were on the subject of posting pics. I think I asked the question and don't think I got an answer (apologies if I did) but when the gallery is sorted can I post like I used to?

I have a problem with making the pics smaller to post so shall/can I just wait so I can post them or go on a computer course?

Thanks for any help.

I find the making of pictures smaller a tad awkward so use Flickr, certainly till the forum sloution is fixed.
Flickr is free as long as you limit yourself to 1000 photos and is easy.
I can send you a "How to do it" in bullet point form if you wish.
Martin
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

port perran

Quote from: Tank on February 07, 2019, 08:09:58 PM
The new gallery has come to halt, due to the author not helping us with what is needed.  :'(  I have to wait until they update it with what we need.  You will be able to edit photo's with the upgrade, but for now, you will need to do them yourself.

Going back on topic, I'm finding the forum to be very quick.
Lightning fast in fact  :claphappy:
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

dannyboy

Quote from: Tank on February 07, 2019, 08:09:58 PM
I'm finding the forum to be very quick.

Why do you think nobody has mentioned how fast it is lately? (Talk about tempting fate!)  :)

Addit: The post by PP just beat me - so we are doomed now.  :smackedface:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

weave

Quote from: port perran on February 07, 2019, 08:11:24 PM
Hi all,

Thanks for any help.

I find the making of pictures smaller a tad awkward so use Flickr, certainly till the forum sloution is fixed.
Flickr is free as long as you limit yourself to 1000 photos and is easy.
I can send you a "How to do it" in bullet point form if you wish.
Martin

Hi Martin,

That would be great. I'm a complete computer numpty but my wife, who isn't, works very long hours in IT and although I do ask for help sometimes, it's best not to. She's not an ogre, just very tired and the last thing she wants to do when she gets in.

Understandable, I'm a Landscape/Maintenance Gardener and our garden is crap  :)

A PM would be good and I'll give it a go.

Thank you so much.

Mito

@weave , if you like send me the photos you want to post and I'll reduce them for you and send them back or put them in your gallery.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

weave

Thank you Brian,

Here be one of the many problems of being a luddite, computer numpty in that I don't know how to send you the pics in the first place  :doh: :).

Have been in contact with Martin via PM so hopefully we can sort something out tomorrow. Any further help always appreciated but please don't fry my brain with technology  :)

Invicta Alec

Weave, no need to go on a computer course. Download this freebie. Its pretty much idiot proof.

https://pixresizer.windows10compatible.com/

Pix Resizer its called, and that's what it does  :D

Alec.

You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

themadhippy

if your using windows open the image in paint then either drag the image to the size you want,or use the resize tab and type in the percentage change you want in the horizontal and vertical boxes.if your using a real operating system you can do it at the command prompt using the mogrify command.No idea how to do it with apples though
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Railwaygun

Quote from: Invicta Alec on February 07, 2019, 10:09:39 PM

Weave, no need to go on a computer course. Download this freebie. Its pretty much idiot proof.

https://pixresizer.windows10compatible.com/

Pix Resizer its called, and that's what it does  :D

Alec.

I

On a Mac, use the preview App - great for conversions ( PDF to JPG etc) . You can resize a JPG by using Export and changing the resolution of the JPG.

N
Yet when I surveyed all that my hands had done and what I had toiled to achieve, everything was meaningless, a chasing after the wind;
Ecclesiastes 2:11

This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!

https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

NGF Military threads

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=146.0

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

10mm / N armour Threads
https://www.10mm-wargaming.com/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

weave

Thanks guys,

Been waylaid with a sick dog. She's good now, we think, but bit messy. Anyway, will have another go tomorrow at all fronts. I went to college, it can't be rocket surgery for God's sake!!! I'm on a Samsung PC, Windows 7 if that helps.

Thanks again,

Bob Tidbury

I haven't seen any posts on here recently about the Forum upgrade so I would like to say a huge  :thankyousign: to everyone involved ,The Forum is now running at top speed now and not many people have said so ,though there were  several moaning about this that and the other and quick enough to complain when there were problems ,I said at the time allthough I don't understand all this computer stuff even I knew it was a huge challenge and not just a flick of a switch .
So once again a huge  :thankyousign: .
Bob Tidbury

dannyboy

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations