Contributions from the other half...

Started by lionwing, July 16, 2013, 10:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

REGP

This morning I received my long awaited coaches from Osborns, 3 x Shirtbutton Collett coaches, a B Set plus a Fruit D. :claphappy:

Quickly set up a test track and had them running around hauled by a couple of Ixion Manors and they looked great (will try and post photos tomorrow).

However when putting the locos away the drive shaft on one fell out. :scowl:

So this evening set about reinstalling the Carden shaft, after over an hour of fruitless fiddling and surprisingly minding my language and feeling very frustrated I was on the verge of giving up. :confused2:

What's the problem? The wife asked.

20 minutes later she had refitted the shaft (yes it works) and then went on to refit two couplings that had come of a Mk 1. Now not only was this done without using the safety net (plastic bag), but she had never, ever picked up a loco or coach before let alone worked on one! :claphappy:

Luckily I had some chocolate to hand to say thank you with as her skills may be needed again and again...

Ray

daveg

That's a real joint effort. :thumbsup:

Any chance of having your Mrs name, and address of course, so us ham fisted types can send her ours for a 'refit'?  :D

(Love my Ixion Manor!)

Dave G

Newportnobby

Yup - I can see a few locos heading their way into Essex along with the requisite bars of chocolate ;)

CarriageShed

Quote from: daveg on August 22, 2013, 06:47:32 AM
That's a real joint effort. :thumbsup:

Any chance of having your Mrs name, and address of course, so us ham fisted types can send her ours for a 'refit'?  :D

:D I was going to say the same thing. That's a missus worth hanging onto!

REGP

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations