Hornby Magazine Model Railway Awards 2019

Started by Newportnobby, September 07, 2019, 01:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

njee20

Doesn't that just show how little new stuff we get in N gauge?!

3 locos, of which two are MUs, no coaches and 4 wagons, the IZAs were basically out a year ago too (a hair over IIRC). There's more in the O gauge categories.

Still, for next year we should at least have the 50, 92, 56XX(?) plus KFA, HOA, IPA and VEA no doubt among others!

Bob Tidbury

Not worth the bother no N gauge layout and not much N gauge at all .And I doubt that next year will have any of the exiting things coming out anyway ,N gauge allways seems neglected in these sort of things ,There are lots of really good N gauge layouts around Ambleton Vale ,and James  St are among the many .
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

The smaller the numbers of N gauge voters the less N gauge will appear though.
Of course, it is Hornby and they've only made the 1 item.

njee20

Hornby magazine has nothing to do with the manufacturer, other than using their name under licence IIRC.

I agree that if they don't get any N gauge respondents they just won't bother.

red_death

What Nobby and Nick said - if people don't participate from the N gauge community then we become irrelevant to Hornby magazine....

Upperton

Quote from: red_death on September 23, 2019, 04:22:34 PM
What Nobby and Nick said - if people don't participate from the N gauge community then we become irrelevant to Hornby magazine....

And it only takes a minute to complete the form. Hornby magazine is certainly geared towards the larger gauges, I can't think of many N layouts featured recently - Melbury earlier in the year and Middle Elmton off the top of my head, but that's was maybe 2 years ago. But it does have some good articles and their Train Formations guide every few months is handy, though often an interesting rake can't be completed in N because a piece of rolling stock it's not available (yet)  :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations