Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EtchedPixels

Was quite impressed with the the one I got cheap a couple of years ago (end of line). Did all sorts of stuff from Youtube to TED to Netflix (Netflix lasted about 3 months and then we got fed up of badly cut US versions of programs). Now it's got lots of stuff on Amazon free video with Amazon prime which the wife has.

Once I discovered it had things like trapdoor on there for free I was sorted 8)

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

longbridge

Yup i'm Happy, I have my USA HO layout at an advanced stage of building and now its time to start building another British N gauge layout, at the moment I am collecting locos, rolling stock, buildings and track for the new layout, I hope to start the new layout in a few weeks, kinda nice to be opening boxes and looking at the new N gauge stuff though and that makes me happy  :D :D :D
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

tim-pelican

Quote from: EtchedPixels on April 19, 2014, 07:22:26 PM
Once I discovered it had things like trapdoor on there for free I was sorted 8)

"BERK!"

Good times :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: longbridge on April 19, 2014, 09:08:33 PM
Yup i'm Happy, I have my USA HO layout at an advanced stage of building and now its time to start building another British N gauge layout, at the moment I am collecting locos, rolling stock, buildings and track for the new layout, I hope to start the new layout in a few weeks, kinda nice to be opening boxes and looking at the new N gauge stuff though and that makes me happy  :D :D :D

Welcome back into the light, Dave :D
Look forward to seeing your plans for the industrial layout

Bealman

Glad to hear sensibility has prevailed after what was clearly a major malfunction, as NASA would say.

Welcome back to N gauge, Dave.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jerry Howlett

I give the Guy in the wheelchair who sits at the bottom of the escalator at our supermarket a euro when I see him. Yesterday he called me over and happily GAVE ME two x english 5p pieces!!!  Result. :claphappy:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Kipper

In my local shopping centre, an elderly man in a wheelchair is always collecting for one charity or another, and is well known around here. He parks himself next to the pay machine for the car park (pay to get an exit ticket). The charge is 50p, and the machine gives change, and he knows most will put a £ coin in, and give him the 50p change. Smart cookie!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on April 21, 2014, 11:15:26 AM
I give the Guy in the wheelchair who sits at the bottom of the escalator at our supermarket a euro when I see him. Yesterday he called me over and happily GAVE ME two x english 5p pieces!!!  Result. :claphappy:

1 Euro = 10p :goggleeyes:
I'd take him to task on his exchange rate, Jerry ;)

Chetcombe

Just got back from a day trip to Boston. Good to see the place bounce back on Marathon day after last year's tragedy. Shame it was a business trip and I could only get a fleeting glimpse of 'Boston Strong'
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Bealman

Yes, the first anniversary (I don't like calling things like that 'anniversaries') has been in the media quite a bit here in Australia. Good to know it went off without incident this year.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Whilst having a rummage last weekend for something that had been put in that well known 'safe place' I discovered the sponge inserts from one of the blue plastic stock storage boxes many of us have purchased off Fleabay.
Inside I found...............6 x Dapol Collett coaches I'd forgotten I'd got :claphappy:
Guess I'll be rummaging more often :)

EtchedPixels

Someone clearly has too many trains!
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

longbridge

Well done Mick, I hope your luck rubs off on me, I am still looking for a set of open end and ring spanners I put in a safe place back in 1986, I hid them because the kids were leaving them in the rain and they were going rusty, I got them a cheap set so they could work on their bikes but I think they must have knocked mine off  :veryangry:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Caz

Well, what a way to start my birthday, given breakfast in bed, well on the bedroom terrace sitting in the sun, full English with tea and freshly squeezed orange juice plus all my cards.   Lovely jubbly.   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77%