The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

According to Parcelfarce, the aircraft that left Tokyo International with my package, on the 26th April, still hasn't arrived in the UK. I don't know who the carrier is but if they can keep an aircraft in the air with all that freight, without refuelling, crew changes, emptying toilets etc then let me tell you, they are going to revolutionise air travel.
Or
It could be parcel farce are blaming their usual incompetence on covid-19 but will still expect me to pay for the privilege of them taking their time to do things.
And this actually has sod all to do with corona virus, they do this every time, delay packages for 7-10 days and it truly pisses me off having paid a premium for EMS shipping from Japan.

Newportnobby

First let me sound off about the cretins who thought it would be a good idea to drive to Brighton this last weekend (some from as far away as Milton Keynes). I believe the police stopped and fined 19 of them. I don't know what the penalty is (have heard a figure of £60) but IMO it should be £2000 and 3 points on their licence. That actually might stop the  :censored:
Now to this mornings BBC news where they had a reporter at Manchester Airport and, to be fair, he was wearing a mask and gloves as the airport was asking folks to turn up like that. However, he reported if you turned up without mask and gloves they would be provided, and he pulled from a tray of masks one of them to show the camera. I was sat there thinking 'Don't put it back - don't put it back' but, no, he put it back in the tray for some poor sod to pick later on.
Some people have no more sense than they were born with.

crewearpley40

And some reporting of other stupid acts . I hope everyone well, quite happy staying in when not required.and only pop out to shop for the weekly lot . Stay safe

dannyboy

Last evening I downloaded and installed a Windows update. Three hours of inactivity later, I went to bed. Opened the laptop up this morning and over three hours later, I am back to normal.  :veryangry: :censored: I had to go on line using the mobile phone to find a solution, the first one did not work, but the second one, after the screen showed an 'Attempting Repair' message for 90 minutes, did the job. It is good that Windows can repair itself, but if Windows had not  :censored: up the computer in the first place, it would not have had to repair iteself!  :veryangry:. Over six hours of my life lost.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 11, 2020, 10:46:46 AM
First let me sound off about the cretins who thought it would be a good idea to drive to Brighton this last weekend (some from as far away as Milton Keynes). I believe the police stopped and fined 19 of them. I don't know what the penalty is (have heard a figure of £60) but IMO it should be £2000 and 3 points on their licence. That actually might stop the  :censored:
Now to this mornings BBC news where they had a reporter at Manchester Airport and, to be fair, he was wearing a mask and gloves as the airport was asking folks to turn up like that. However, he reported if you turned up without mask and gloves they would be provided, and he pulled from a tray of masks one of them to show the camera. I was sat there thinking 'Don't put it back - don't put it back' but, no, he put it back in the tray for some poor sod to pick later on.
Some people have no more sense than they were born with.

Along the same lines I went to a well known DIY store on Friday. Waited around 20 minutes in the sunny queue and was offered a trolley which had the handle wiped when I accepted. I (and the wife) then went about our shopping staying 2m apart from everyone. Proceeded to the till where I had to put my items on the checkout desk, the young lady then picked them up (no gloves) to scan them and I had to put them back in the trolley to take to the car. So basically if I had the dreaded COVID-19 then she now probably has it and if she had it already then I probably have it too along with anyone else who was served by her. It wouldn't be so bad but I only went for 2 pieces of hardboard for my back scene and ended up spending £80 on other stuff because I took the wife!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

stevewalker

I don't worry to much about things like that - anyone could have handled the items already in the store anyway. Unless you have an open cut on your hand, the risk is of transferring the virus to your mouth, nose or eyes (or onto a surface that may transfer it back to your or someone else's hands later). Once I enter a shop, I concentrate on not putting my hands to my face. On returning to my car, I use alcohol gel on my hands immediately.

guest311

couldn't you claim only one person was allowed in, not families ?

might have at least saved your wallet. :)

Trainfish

Quote from: class37025 on May 11, 2020, 03:26:56 PM
couldn't you claim only one person was allowed in, not families ?

might have at least saved your wallet. :)

NOW you say it  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

ok, it was HB's idea.

at present laying under the dining room table with a pig's trotter.

NO, him, not me  :-[

themadhippy

QuoteProceeded to the till where I had to put my items on the checkout desk, the young lady then picked them up (no gloves) to scan them and I had to put them back in the trolley to take to the car. So basically if I had the dreaded COVID-19 then she now probably has it and if she had it already then I probably have it too along with anyone else who was served by her.
And how would wearing gloves helped?watch the cashiers and see how many change or clean there gloves between customers,then compare with those not wearing gloves.all gloves achieve is to give the wearer a false sense of security and pose a bigger risk of virus tranfer to others
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

daffy

Quote from: stevewalker on May 11, 2020, 03:26:05 PM
Once I enter a shop, I concentrate on not putting my hands to my face. On returning to my car, I use alcohol gel on my hands immediately.

I do the same.
Last week at Tesco I made a point of watching other shoppers and staff to get an idea of just how often they were touching their faces with their hands, gloves on or not (it makes little difference as the virus can be carried on either), as they went about their business.

Frankly, it's rather frightening to see just how easily this virus could spread, as face touching is evidently endemic!

Add to that the continued reduction in the numbers wearing masks and gloves compared to a month and more ago that I also note each time I go shopping.

Familiarity is breeding contempt.

And death.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

The Q

It's me that wears the gloves,  when I go out for essentials. I put them on with mask,  then leave the car get the shopping. Return, carefully take off,  put mask and gloves on the dash,  so when I need them next they will be safe to use again. Stuff bought,  gets either wiped down with disinfectant or soap or "parked" for several days before use.

Tomorrow will be my second time out in five weeks,  I have to go collect her and my prescriptions.

themadhippy

Quotewhen I go out for essentials. I put them on with mask,  then leave the car get the shopping. Return, carefully take off,  put mask and gloves on the dash,  so when I need them next they will be safe to use again
so no cleaning of gloves between use?luvley surface for bugs to live before you smear them somewere else
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

daffy

Quote from: themadhippy on May 11, 2020, 06:04:03 PM
Quotewhen I go out for essentials. I put them on with mask,  then leave the car get the shopping. Return, carefully take off,  put mask and gloves on the dash,  so when I need them next they will be safe to use again
so no cleaning of gloves between use?luvley surface for bugs to live before you smear them somewere else

And don't forget the mask should be washed after each time it is worn. My GP pointed this out to me - again - this morning while he was taking blood out of my arm.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

The Q

Quote from: themadhippy on May 11, 2020, 06:04:03 PM
I've been out twice in 6 weeks,  both times were for essential food and perscrptions . No bug will live that long on a glove sat in the sunshine.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations