Nporium puzzle

Started by Papyrus, February 03, 2021, 08:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

I recently received a PM from a fellow forumiste enquiring about some items I placed on the Nporium some months ago. I had to tell him that they were all sold, but I was intrigued to know how he had heard about them as the advertisement was long gone, or so I thought. He told me that he had seen the ad still in the classifieds. I checked again myself, and, no, it wasn't there. However, I can still see a number of other 'completed' sales listed, some going back more than 12 months.

This all strikes me as very odd. It's probably not very important but I'd be interested to know what is going on. I'm sure greater minds than mine (of which there are many) can put some thought to it.

Cheers,

Chris

Newportnobby

It also strikes me as odd as after the 30 days you get notified the ad had expired and been removed.
Likewise, if a 'Buy it now' has been made by a purchaser that should remove the ad as well.
One for @Tank or @Only Me maybe

dannyboy

Just to muddy the waters a bit more, I placed some ads on the forum at the end of December/beginning of January. I have received the statutory 'times up, item removed' messages but on checking just now, the ads are still visible.  ???. (Not complaining though, if anybody wants to look through the ads, I will accept offers, as a lot of my British stuff is to go eventually).  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations