The Phone Hacking "Scandal"

Started by Lawrence, July 07, 2011, 09:01:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

If this is true http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14052909 might I request that I am given 5 minutes alone in a room with either the ******* who did it or his boss  :evil: :evil: :evil:

zwilnik

Ultimately the buck stops with Murdock. Ofcom should ban him or any of his companies from having anything to do with the UK media.

ToothFairy

I used to subscribe to Murdoch's "national" daily here in Australia. I stopped because it had become so politically one-sided it hurt. I can't easily reconcile my opinion of Murdoch's motivations with this story, but The News of The World is a leopard that doesn't readily change its spots, and modern journalism is right down there with banking and politics as "businesses" that make prostitution and used-car selling look good. Not that I have anything against prostitution  :angel: .

- Michael

poliss

My parents and grandparents wouldn't allow the "News" of the World in our house as far back as I can remember and that would be 1962. I expect that would have been the case long before I was born too. It's always been known as a scandal rag.

lesmond

Could I have the second five minute slot, please? I'd write what I really think, however this is a family forum. Not happy  >:(
Malice in defeat; revenge in victory

cudders

Ditto.. They are worse than vermin and should be jailed.

Hopefully no-one will buy the paper anymore but I doubt it..

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

poliss

It's been announced that this Sundays "News" of the World will be the last issue. Could this be because Murdoch doesn't want anything interfering with his attempt to take complete control of Sky?

Lawrence

Quote from: poliss on July 07, 2011, 05:30:02 PM
It's been announced that this Sundays "News" of the World will be the last issue. Could this be because Murdoch doesn't want anything interfering with his attempt to take complete control of Sky?

No great loss to journalism really

EtchedPixels

Quote from: poliss on July 07, 2011, 05:30:02 PM

Seems like a gift horse. Get rid of a title whose readers will all move to one of your other papers, "downsize" a load of staff while cherry picking the new ones, placate the public, appease the politicians, up newspaper profits and get BSkyB.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

bluedepot

it's a shame all the other murdoch rags dont close down as well...

OwL

An absolute disgrace!

As an ex service man and after learning about the scum ball, filth, journalists who have hacked into dead serviceman's families mobiles/voicemails, and parents of murdered school children enough is enough!
As a result of this disgrace i will never again be buying any copy of that pitiful rag the sun :thumbsdown:(so claimed to be the paper of the forces-YEAH RIGHT!), I dont have to worry about that toilet roll called the News of the World as it's been shut down (thank good)

Also I have today cancelled my subscription with SKY Tv, after all its part of that slime ball Murdocks Evil Empire, this man is the most powerful man in the world, due to his influence on mass media. Not all here may agree but if you feel a shred of pain OR PITY for those families affected by the unlawful actions of this media group, then i would suggest that you boycott all media controlled by Murdock/News international, after all, the only way history has proved to make a rich crook like murdock feel pain (he has no morals as we have seen) is to make him poor....................

YOU CAN DO THIS BY ENSURING THAT YOUR MONEY DOES NOT PAY FOR HIS FILTH SPREADING NEWS MEDIA GROUP. MAKE THIS PIG PAY FOR ALL THE HURT HIS COMPANY HAS INFLICTED ON MANY INNOCENT/VULNERABLE UK PEOPLE BY MAKING HIM THE POOREST SUCKER ON THIS PLANET.

DONT BUY HIS LITTER BIN PUBLICATIONS EVER AGAIN AND LET HIM GO TO HIS GRAVE AS THE POOREST MAN IN THE WORLD AS HE WILL NEVER FEEL MORAL PAIN. HIT HIM WHERE IT WILL HURT....HIS POCKETS.

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Adam1701D

I agree that Murdoch and the other media barons like Lord Rothermere (of the Daily Mail) have FAR too much influence across the board in Britain. The government trembles to the headlines in the papers. The BBC has become a toothless organisation, afraid of doing or saying anything controversial in fear from the morally-outraged backlash from the tabloids.

The fact that these barons would like nothing better than the BBC to be broken up and sold to them, of course, has nothing to do with it. I hate the fact that all shows now have "Compliance Officers" overseeing their output to prevent upsetting the Daily Mail.

Next time Clarkson or Norton gets lambasted by the press, just sit back for a while and THINK, "is it really that important?"
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

longbridge

Murdoch and his cronies are a pack of brainwashing &^$%#@)((&, they are far to powerful and manipulate the minds of the general public, this happens not just in Britain but the world over.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

poliss

For the readers in the USA the owner of the "News" of the World is also the owner of Fox "News".

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations