All I want for Christmas is...

Started by D1042 Western Princess, December 04, 2016, 08:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webbo

The delivery of the baggage car in the Rapido Royal Hudson coach set and/or the delivery of the Intermountain SD40-2s. The former has been on order since 27 August 2008 and the latter since 12 June 2014. I'm not expecting this to happen for Xmas 2016 but I'm living in hope that I will see the delivery of these items by Xmas 2017 or by the Christmas after that. Yes, this is the same Rapido that is producing the Pendolino and yes, it is now over 8 years since ordering.

Webbo

Bealman

Glad you haven't been holding your breath!  :sick2:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Webbo on December 06, 2016, 02:31:49 AM
The delivery of the baggage car in the Rapido Royal Hudson coach set and/or the delivery of the Intermountain SD40-2s. The former has been on order since 27 August 2008 and the latter since 12 June 2014. I'm not expecting this to happen for Xmas 2016 but I'm living in hope that I will see the delivery of these items by Xmas 2017 or by the Christmas after that. Yes, this is the same Rapido that is producing the Pendolino and yes, it is now over 8 years since ordering.

Webbo

:confused1:  As one who thinks of anything not run on BR(WR) as 'foreign' (even if it was British) I haven't a clue what you mean Webbo, but hope you get it anyway.   :thumbsup:
If it's not a Diesel Hydraulic then it's not a real locomotive.

Webbo

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on December 06, 2016, 07:28:25 AM

Webbo

:confused1:  As one who thinks of anything not run on BR(WR) as 'foreign' (even if it was British) I haven't a clue what you mean Webbo, but hope you get it anyway.   :thumbsup:

That's OK WP. I have no idea what a Western is and why some seem to get SOOO excited by them.

Webbo

D1042 Western Princess

That's OK WP. I have no idea what a Western is and why some seem to get SOOO excited by them.

Webbo

And just as I was getting to like you.
:veryangry: :censored:  ( :D )

paulprice

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on December 06, 2016, 08:23:01 AM

Webbo

And just as I was getting to like you.
:veryangry: :censored:  ( :D )

Even I know what a Western is, its a Film with somebody who has a limp from riding a horse all day, and calls people pilgrim, and shoots the bad guy who always wears black, and his horse is called Dobbin.  :P

Bob Tidbury

Webbo,  Rapido have to get the most important things produced first ,REVOLUTION PRODUCTS
MUST TAKE PRIORITY .
That is why they managed to get the Tanks out so quick, and they are so busy getting the couplings on the Pendolino sorted out for us .
Only joking there must be a good reason for the holdup of whatever it is your waiting for ,why not drop Jason Shron a message he is usually very good at answering messages . Now that Rapido own two factories of their own it might mean your things will get done but it is very annoying when firms make a rake of coaches but miss out one important type of coach that completes the train formation.
Bob

Webbo

Thanks Bob

The reason given by Mike at Rapido (who sadly is no longer with us) is that there have not enough orders for the baggage car to be sold individually in other road names for it to be produced. My answer is that I ordered a set and Rapido should not have accepted orders for the set unless they were prepared to complete it. Apparently, it is imminent although as George recommends, I'm not holding my breath. Rapido do produce excellent stuff so those holding Pendolino orders are in for a treat sometime.

Ah WP, I suspected I might strike a nerve with my response. Westerns are one of my two favourite genres of movies - up there with good SF. So a loco type named after a great film type must be OK.

Webbo

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Webbo on December 06, 2016, 09:38:02 AM

Ah WP, I suspected I might strike a nerve with my response. Westerns are one of my two favourite genres of movies - up there with good SF. So a loco type named after a great film type must be OK.

Webbo

Well, the first Western was named 'Enterprise' so I guess it was a mixture of cowboy film and Star Trek, with Maybach engines - what a GREAT THREESOME!

Newportnobby

Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on December 06, 2016, 09:46:20 AM

Webbo

Well, the first Western was named 'Enterprise' so I guess it was a mixture of cowboy film and Star Trek, with Maybach engines - what a GREAT THREESOME!

Especially with Jean-Luc Picard constantly saying "N Gauge" ;D

Bealman

I'm going to bed here. Get a life, the rest of you.  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Mustermark

It's a Xmas thread, so I'm happy going off topic.

Did you know Space Shuttle OV-101 was actually named Enterprise after the USS Enterprise in Star Trek, and the cast of Star Trek were honoured guests at the rollout?

Enterprise was never actually refitted for space flight after the original landing tests (off the back of that 747) were complete, so was never actually a spaceship. Instead they refitted OV-099 Challenger.

Does it stay on topic if I talk about wanting to spend some of Xmas building my N-scale Challenger-on-the-Launchpad?

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

D1042 Western Princess

Quote from: Bealman on December 06, 2016, 11:20:51 AM
I'm going to bed here. Get a life, the rest of you.  ;)

What, in the middle of the day?? ;)

But I must say this subject does seem to have wandered a little  :offtopicsign: There'll be no Christmas presents from the man in the red suit for any of you at this rate!

dannyboy

Quote from: newportnobby on December 06, 2016, 10:55:07 AM
Quote from: D1042 Western Princess on December 06, 2016, 09:46:20 AM

Webbo

Especially with Jean-Luc Picard constantly saying "N Gauge" ;D

:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing: You surpassed yourself there NPN!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Buffin

A decision on what space I'm going to be allocated for my layout table top toy trains.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations