What are your plans for New Years'?

Started by texhorse, December 30, 2018, 09:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: Trainfish on December 31, 2018, 02:03:56 AM
Quote from: themadhippy on December 30, 2018, 11:23:02 PM
Am i the only one  around here who intends to get extremely drunk,private party in the local for regulars only,supposed to finish at 1am,but last year(or is it this year?) i fell out the doors at 4:30am ,took a mate 45 minutes to complete his less than 5 minute walk home  and another couple ended up sleeping in there porch as neither of them could work the front door lock.

No @themadhippy , I will be doing similar. Someone has to get through this lot after all as I have another delivery due next week  :goggleeyes:

I had no idea you were an obstetrician!

Webbo

Quote from: Bealman on December 30, 2018, 10:33:21 PM
Same here. TV rubbish, and how many times can you sit through fireworks cascading off the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

I'll be in bed. The huge amount of dollars spent on the fireworks that could have been usefully spent elsewhere totally grinds on me.

Have they ever thought of a New Year's donation to Sydney hospitals?  >:(

I'll second that motion, George. I'm well and truly over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and its fiery waterfalls.

I too will go to bed in 2018 and wake up (hopefully) in 2019.

Webbo

Trainfish

Quote from: railsquid on December 31, 2018, 02:23:16 AM
Am i the only one  around here who intends to get extremely drunk,private party in the local for regulars only,supposed to finish at 1am,but last year(or is it this year?) i fell out the doors at 4:30am ,took a mate 45 minutes to complete his less than 5 minute walk home  and another couple ended up sleeping in there porch as neither of them could work the front door lock.

No @themadhippy , I will be doing similar. Someone has to get through this lot after all as I have another delivery due next week  :goggleeyes:

If I get through that little lot (over 100 cans & bottles) this week I'll be needing a liver donor and my career as an obstetrician will be well and truly over!
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

railsquid

Quote from: Trainfish on December 31, 2018, 02:57:36 AM

If I get through that little lot (over 100 cans & bottles) this week I'll be needing a liver donor and my career as an obstetrician will be well and truly over!

Oh, that kind of de-liver-y  :goggleeyes:

Trainfish

Quote from: Phoenix on December 31, 2018, 02:08:55 AM

:heart2: :heart2: :heart2: Honey J.D  :heart2: :heart2: :heart2:

Have a great New Year

:beers: Kevin  :beers:

Yes, I keep that for when my tank is full  :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Trainfish

Quote from: railsquid on December 31, 2018, 03:00:07 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on December 31, 2018, 02:57:36 AM

Oh, that kind of de-liver-y  :goggleeyes:

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:
John

<*))))><

BobB

New year is a big celebration for Tatiana so after church service it's back home for slap up meal and beverages whilst watching old films on the TV. We try to stay up for Saratov's midnight, through Moscow's and then to here in South Africa. It's rare to make it to London's midnight these days.

texhorse

Well some of you are almost there already, so Happy New Year!

I actually find this day very depressing, and I never understood why.  That's why I am having my Ops Session.

Andy
UK
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Bealman

I wasn't going to mention this because I didn't want to put a downer on the thread. But New Year has never been a big thing on my calendar since I was a youth.

Definitely not this year as I am scheduled for major ankle surgery on Jan 23, followed by 3 months immobility.  >:(

Plus I read in today's paper that Sydney's fireworks tonight are costing A$5.98 million. You've got to be kidding.  :veryangry:

Anyway, Happy New Year,  everyone. The Kiwis beat us to it, but we're next!  ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

railsquid

Quote from: Bealman on December 31, 2018, 07:11:51 AM
I wasn't going to mention this because I didn't want to put a downer on the thread. But New Year has never been a big thing on my calendar since I was a youth.

Definitely not this year as I am scheduled for major ankle surgery on Jan 23, followed by 3 months immobility.  >:(

C'mon, you're just ankling for sympathy ;)

Seriously, all the best.

Bealman

Anyway, New Year's Day here in Australia NZ, Japan, and quite a few other places, so Happy New Year to our members who are catching up!  :beers:

dannyboy

It's not a big thing for me or Louisa either, but, I might just have a wee dram or two. Happy New Year to you all.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

railsquid

Traditional New Year food ("osechi ryori") consumed   :beers:

Bealman

For those of you following this thread, this is a side of Squiddy I didn't meet back in June.  :sick2:

;)

weave

Good morning UK, Good evening Oz/Japan, prob still partying in the US and to others around the World - HAPPY NEW YEAR!

For the first time in a long time I didn't make it. I'm still alive (just) but we had/have guests this year who live in Germany and they came by car via Calais and brought copious amounts of booze.

I think I was in bed by 10  :doh:. The others carried on and are all still in bed now. The kitchen doesn't look too chaotic and all the dogs are still alive.

We were up til 4.30 am the previous night/day and I just can't do it anymore.

Hope you all had a good time.

Back to trains when they leave.

Cheers weave  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations