Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kris

I purchased a set of 5 Maunsell high window coaches via eBay a few weeks ago. These have 2mm wheel sets and no manufacturers marks. They appear to be kit built rather than RTR, they have certainly been individually painted, some under frame details have been added and the glazing is much too thin for RTR. The are not Dapol, some of the details are missing.

Any ideas as to a manufacturer?

AdrianC

If it moves and shouldn't, duct tape. It it doesn't move and should, WD40...

stevewalker

I managed to get to the Preston show this morning and bought a couple of second-hand GF locos - an Ivatt 2MT and a Black 5 - at decent prices. I was happy with both purchases, but even more so when I properly unpacked the Black 5, lifted the detailing pack out of the box and found a DCC decoder underneath!

strain

stevewalker

No such luck, but it works, which is enough for now!

njee20

Got a re-worked Farish 90 back from Mercig this week. The man's a genius. Really pleased with it!

Newportnobby

Excellent pricing and service saw a couple of items delivered overnight which arrived on my doorstep at 08.00 today.
Dapol Western Duke in chromatic blue with SYP and 9F 92189 unlined black.
The Western ran just fine so is deserving of a couple of pics........

The 9F was as dead as a dodo so no pics and it's going straight back whence it came :unimpressed: :thumbsdown:

emjaybee

So...

...good news, I've finally got over my addiction to buying Jubilees!

But...

That's the third in as many weeks. Okay, I need two for @RBTKraisee Coronation project, but this one...?

Oh, and I'm bidding on another two.

My name is Michael, and I have a problem.

:doh:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

dannyboy

Dear Michael,

Can I firstly say that you are not alone. There is probably a majority of members of this forum who have a similar problem. It is called 'addiction'. Some members are addicted to buying Jubilees, some can not stop themselves buying Class 47's and some are even addicted to buying American rolling stock. If it ever gets that bad that you have to re-mortgage your house in order to feed your addiction, then yes, the problem is worse than initially thought. As long as your problem is managed carefully, you will not be doing a lot of harm. The thing to remember is, as I said at the beginning, you are not alone. Any time you feel the need to discuss your problem, or indeed just talk to someone - reach out, we are here for you.  :thumbsup:

A fellow addict.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Replacement for totally dead 9F arrived this morning at 07.45 this morning!
Runs extremely well in both directions on my test oval of Unitrack and I think will improve with further running in............

Haulage capability unknown as all my stock is packed away

Bealman

Wots with the blue beastie, you traitor you?!  :P
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on March 20, 2022, 12:49:43 AM
Wots with the blue beastie, you traitor you?!  :P

Just the end of my 'Blue Train' project, George. I now have a train for each direction.
As far as I know the only other chromatic blue locos were the AL electrics and I'd only buy them if someone brought out RTR AM10 units as then I'd have to build another layout I'd never finish :-[

GScaleBruce

I've clearly not been paying proper attention to the Bachmann release information, as I wasn't expecting this just yet any more than I was expecting the newspaper vans... anyway, just arrived is a new shunter for Stoneham Yard.

Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

5213 65J

A little black beastie is scuttling around Elmsbridge Central!

Newportnobby

Courtesy of 'Dalteth' this little baby arrived this afternoon - a class 23 Baby Deltic.
Huge thanks go to Iain for his efforts in putting this together for me :claphappy:

Click on this for short vid......

Dalteth Class 23 Baby Deltic on test oval by Mick Hollyoake, on Flickr

I consider myself a very lucky man :) (smug mode 'On')

For his build thread see........
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50895.msg752480#msg752480

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations