Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

new graham farish presflos x3 from ebay - arrived yesterday

the hymek i got a few months ago from dcc supplies for 90 pounds.

some of the mk1s in the other train i got second hand from clark railworks a few months ago / one from tings this year / a few from ebay.

2 new dapol dogfish are parked up as well - these were from hattons a few months ago

thats everything new for now anyway!

https://youtu.be/VZl6xYcpS6o

exmouthcraig

Something of a birthday treat to myself arrived today, still a couple of pieces to arrive but an all out no expense spared treat  ..........

Graham Farish 97302 in Network Rail livery complete with Legomanbiffo Class 37 sounds and twin 11X15 sugarcube speakers

Hauling two Graham Farish mk1 BCKs

A rare appearance at Clifton Wood but with the sounds, definitely a welcome one

Alcazar

I've been looking for a second-hand Farish 8F at a reasonable price since not being able to get a chassis from their stand at Bletchley many years ago - got this one from Hattons. When I find the time, it will donate it's chassis to my Foxhunter ROD kit.

Peter

JimSan

Was a week ago now, but managed to pick up a lovely looking Farish Jubilee in LMS Crimson, also did manage to pick up a old Farish Class 159 but it needs attention, it's using a spring drive shaft which I'm still trying to work out, but otherwise the motor does turn so will slowly work on it.
Bosnport - A Fictional P'Mouth and S'Sea based Layout upon a Bunk Bed
Gosport Railworks - My Youtube Channel
3D Printing Services

Primary Modelling eras/region: Era 3 '30s Southern, Era 4-5 BR(S) and Era 8 Network Southeast

GScaleBruce

Gaugemaster Collection/Dapol class 73/1 in rail blue has just arrived... I'll post a little more info in the class 73 thread.

Bruce
My DB themed layout - Steinheim am Main My BR themed layout - Stoneham Yard My T-Trak module - Güterbahnhof Friesdorf
My SNCF modelling thread - Gare de Ligugé My layout planning thread - Peterhampton Junction

Bealman

Not my livery of choice, but hey, a bargain! Thanks @dannyboy  :thumbsup:

Here it is, running very sweetly on my Kato test oval. A very basic model by today's standards, but I've wanted one for the B&CE for years.

The original plan was to have one shuttle back and forth between the Elterwater branch and the bay at Castle Eden on automatic, but we'll have to see about that!

Anyway, I'm a happy chappy.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Graham

and so you should be, a lovely looking model, not my era but still appreciated.

railsquid

I had long assumed these ran mainly on obscure West Country rural branch lines, but after learning they could be found in West Midlands urban grime, managed to acquire a couple in BR livery (green and crimson/cream). Random anecdote: I lived in Droitwich Spa (on the former GWR network south of Birmingham) for a couple of years, which was apparently the location with the highest frequency of GWR railcar workings.

Bealman

Wanna swap bodies? (Not me own, physiologically - I couldn't sell it)

I don't really want to do a complete loco swap, I've only had it a day, and it runs really sweetly.  ;)

dannyboy

@Bealman
Glad it arrived safe and well George - and it is obviously going to get more use than it would based in the Ireland shed.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on October 18, 2021, 03:56:07 AM
I've wanted one for the B&CE for years.
The original plan was to have one shuttle back and forth between the Elterwater branch and the bay at Castle Eden on automatic, but we'll have to see about that!

@Bealman
Is that route all plain track or are there points which could accidentally divert it if they were operated mid use?

railsquid

Unusual and very reasonably priced find on the Japanese auction market:

The wagons ("EWS" branded) are a little modern for my taste, but at a little over 3 quid each at current exchange rates, hard to say no  :beers:

Steven B

Quote from: railsquid on October 28, 2021, 10:00:05 AM
The wagons ("EWS" branded) are a little modern for my taste, but at a little over 3 quid each at current exchange rates, hard to say no

The MFA conversions were done around 1999/2000. They generally weren't repainted from the original MEA donors so you could paint them rail freight grey with yellow ends as per Farish 373-878.

They'd probably still be out of era but less obviously so - they don't look that different to a Clam (conversions for which started in 1984)

Steven B.

railsquid

Railsquid saunters into the thread bearing an ineffably smug expression... blows on his fingernails and nonchalantly polishes them on his lapel... whistles a cheeky little tune...

... why yes, it is that seemingly rarest of diesels, a Class 44:

Farish Class 44 44008 "Penyghent" by Rail Squid, on Flickr

sourced from a shop in deepest rural Honshu for (at the exchange rate on the day of purchase) the very appropriate sum of GBP 44, including postage.

Predictably it has at least one split gear, but otherwise near-new condition with all the bits in the box.  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations