NGF Wagon Tour

Started by guest2, January 03, 2011, 10:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I'm thinking about making a wagon (or two) painted in NGF Livery to go on tour with forum members.

What do we think?

:NGaugeForum:

matt-b

could repaint a freightliner container. like bbc did to see where in the world it went.  :)

Tank

Good idea matt-b.  Depending on how cheaply they can be bought and painted, I'll try to make them fit the Steam era and another for the Modern era.

All suggestions on colours or models are welcome.

jonclox

Quote from: Tank on January 03, 2011, 11:11:04 AM
I'll try to make them fit the Steam era and another for the Modern era.
:o  steam?    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Tank

How's this for a rough idea?

I'll still make a wagon for Steamers too.   ;)

matt-b

that looks good to me....used too ship in n gauge models too?  ;)

porkie

I like it,
although this meens i will have to get some container flats.
otherwise, I wont be able to take part :o
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

Claude Dreyfus

Something we have plenty of on our layout are container flats, so would not look too out of place on our layout... ;D

jonclox

Us steamers `ave got containers as well  ::)  We don`t live back in the middle ages  ::)

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Chris

Yes I'll take part in this if one is started please!

Lawrence

Was part of this on another forum (not the horrible one  ;) ) and we ended up having a Southern Hemisphere wagon and a Northern Hemisphere one.  Each member took a photo and this was located on a map which was put on show at an actual model railway show mainly organised by members of the forum (ddolfelin will know what I'm on about)

I think in practice it is a great idea however it may be worth waiting a few months to see how the membership settles down or indeed grows.  Not trying to be a party pooper, but these things take some organising and whilst the forum is still growing, new sections are being added, new members arriving and (as far as I am aware) just the 2 of you trying to run and maintain it, perhaps this is one to revisit in the summer.

I'll get me coat  :o

Shiney Sheff

I am up for it so long a whatever wagon is chosen it has wheels as I have nothing to put a container on  :-[

Just another thing..... lets hope it doesn't degenerate into a farce like it did on another well known site 

Tank

Quote from: Lawrence on January 03, 2011, 09:04:53 PM
I think in practice it is a great idea however it may be worth waiting a few months to see how the membership settles down or indeed grows.

No worries Lawrence.  I expect that by the time it's all ready it'll be a few months.   :)

Quote from: Shiney Sheff on January 03, 2011, 09:11:57 PM
I am up for it so long a whatever wagon is chosen it has wheels as I have nothing to put a container on  :-[

Just another thing..... lets hope it doesn't degenerate into a farce like it did on another well known site 

I'll make sure that whatever is decided on will have wheels.   :thumbsup:  And I also hope that these models don't go missing like they did elsewhere.   ::) ;D

Tank

Latest so far...

I've resprayed four containers red, and I have two Graham Farish Container Wagons to mount them on.  I've also bought and installed the new GF black profiled wheelsets.

Currently waiting on Electra Graphics to deliver the vinyl's to put on the containers. :thumbsup:

findus

I cant wait to run this on my new layout!  just need it delivered  :P :P

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations