Forum Problems!

Started by guest2, January 31, 2011, 07:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

So so sorry.  All is restored now!

I was updating a piece of software last night, and all seemed fine.  Then I had a couple of emails from members informing me that they couldn't log in.   >:( I tried to log in and couldn't.  I actually couldn't sleep properly worrying that I'd c*cked up, but once I got home today I managed to figure things out.

I take it that people either couldn't post, or log in at all?  Many apologies.

jonclox

I could join and be recognised as being logged on throughout today but saw there were no new posts so wandered off to other pastures of interest to me :smiley-laughing:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

findus

Glad its sorted  :thumbsup:

what went wrong?

Tank

I installed a 'mod' to the forum that would alter the URL.  I was only testing it out really, but left it on here as it seemed fine.  How wrong was I!  :-\

I got some help from the engineers who make these forums, and managed to reverse the 'mod' in the files.  I still don't know why it wouldn't let me log in, but it must have conflicted with the Username file.   ::)

All sorted, and I'm not playing with it again....for a while!   :smiley-laughing:

findus

Quote from: Tank on January 31, 2011, 07:54:38 PM

, and I'm playing with it again....for a while!   :smiley-laughing:

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:   :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Tank

I meant NOT playing with it again!   :o ;D

Dock Shunter

cloughie

All sorted, and I'm not playing with it again....for a while!

do you know tank, you get me worried at times ??? :-\

me and the lads have decided that if this continues we will have to take you to the vet for a little surgery :evil: :smiley-laughing:
cloughie
am I there yet

Tank

:smiley-laughing:  I promise I'll be good!

cupoftea

No worries Tank

I am sure i speak for everyone in saying that we greatly appreciate all your efforts in providing this forum.

Cheers
          Jon

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations