Graham Farish 2011 Program now on-line

Started by Adam1701D, March 06, 2011, 12:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob(K)

Has anyone picked up any news on the proposed magnetic couplers that were supposed to have been released in 2010? I wrote to Bachmann last year and they informed me they had delayed them as they had run into reliability problems, but I had hoped they would be sorted out by now.

Bob

Ben A

Quote from: Bob(K) on March 09, 2011, 05:12:51 PM
Has anyone picked up any news on the proposed magnetic couplers that were supposed to have been released in 2010? I wrote to Bachmann last year and they informed me they had delayed them as they had run into reliability problems, but I had hoped they would be sorted out by now.

Bob

Yes, Farish say they are being designed in to the new Class 08 (the original variant) as an option.  Though, of course, they will need to provide something to fit to wagons if they are to be any use to anyone!

cheers

Ben A.

Bob(K)

Interesting. I look forward to the release of the 08 then! Thanks for the info.

Bob

4EPB

@ Tadpole. There was another livery for unrefurbished CEPs. A very small number (three, or maybe four) were painted plain BR blue with small yellow warning panels until it was seen how drab they looked and blue/grey was substituted.

In addition, the first 20 VEPs were delivered in plain blue with small yellow warning panels. Again, subsequent deliveries received full yellow ends and then other liveries as stated.

In many respects, you and others are right, a CIG would have been a better proposition as they were spread across all three divisions, often ran singly, and carried the full gamut of liveries - right down to the first few being delivered in green with yellow warning panels.

The other unit that would have been absolutely brilliant would have been the 2HAP, but that's another story...

Adam1701D

It's odd that the CIG has also been ignored in 4mm as well. I've just released overlay sets for that unit in 'Orribly Oversized and they're selling like hot-cakes.

Not selling out - the more OO stuff I sell, the more interesting N Gauge stuff I get to play with  ;D
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Tank

That's the way mate.  Make them repay us for the years of torment of being the 'better gauge'!  ::) :evil: :evil: :evil:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations