Transporting a layout

Started by TylerB, June 04, 2016, 09:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

I reckon the lines from the The Beatles song "A day in the life" stating '4000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire' was eerily prescient, Gerard (although not all of them are rather small). I did hear it would cost £1.2 billion to repair the roads just in our county so luckily we're not on Tyler's route.
Do I remember a Top Gear scene where they transported eggs over a rough surface?

Les1952

Quote from: Dorsetmike on June 05, 2016, 06:43:58 PM
Les, see  replies #1, #2 and #3 above, end boards have already been suggested,  but as he's collecting the boards, will not be able to make end boards prior to transporting.

STILL a pair of end boards but 1) size less important- oversized is good and 2) take eight decent sized screws and an electric screwdriver.  Any screw holes would then be drilled out for bolts later.

Vastly cheaper than hiring a van.

Les

TylerB

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions! turns out on further enquiry that the layout owner had predicted this possibility and built a suitable box frame for transporting the layout. Will be using my friend'sbuilders van so I guess a few blankets on the floor to provide some padding, and straps to secure it... wish me luck!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations