Dapol Nthusiast Club announcement

Started by Caz, March 08, 2013, 12:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardBattersby

Quote from: daveg on April 08, 2013, 03:35:25 PM
I wouldn't go anywhere near Facebook but that's a personal choice.

Is there any value in the idea that members of the NGF could raise a (mass) request that Dapol do as suggested by Tank, via the forum?

I've had mixed responses from emailing Dapol but a message with hundreds of names on it and under the flag of the NGF may get us noticed.

Dave G

I'd love to see a Dapol representative on this site. I've suggested it before to Dapol Dave but think a group email with NGF is a great idea!
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

Newportnobby

I think Karhedron has it right regarding the gauges modelled by Dapol.
The only other thing is.............rest assured Dapol do read the forum. At TINGS in 2011 I got a right boll telling off from Dave Jones as he thought the NGF had a downer on their products following some poor reviews. I, in turn, informed him our members only speak their minds about stuff they have spent their hard earned cash on.
I still don't think he's convinced, though ::)

Skyline2uk

:laughabovepost:

Bang goes my chance of a bargain from their stand at the next big show  :worried:

Seriously though, not sure that was the right response from Mr J, I mean people would not be annoyed if things worked as they should. Besides, its not as if Bachman products escape criticism when its due!

Just in case you are reading Dave, I am very happy with my 56, 58, 67 and 153....any chance of an NSE 121 for a loyal fan ;)?

Skyline2uk

gorebridge2001

Quote from: NtasticShop on March 08, 2013, 03:32:27 PM
Been a member of their Yahoo group for a long time, but it has hardly ever been used by them or anyone. Facebook will be better as it is more modern and allow pictures etc not just text.
Although I agree Facebook is probably a better medium, Yahoo Groups allows pictures too - even slideshows!

scruff

I think Dapol do get a fair bit of unwarranted criticism which is due to the fact that Dave Jones and Joel Bright are so accessible to their customers.
Farish don't get as much whinging on forums because they hide more behind the corporate image.
I say keep up the accessability Dapol, It really is a good thing and I for one appreciate it.
Cheers
Mark

Steps off soapbox and grabs coat on way out!!!

MikeDunn

Quote from: scruff on April 11, 2013, 10:09:48 PM
I think Dapol do get a fair bit of unwarranted criticism which is due to the fact that Dave Jones and Joel Bright are so accessible to their customers.
Accessible ?

I don't see them here, & I don't see my emails being answered to Dapol either !

Both Bachmann & Hornby reply within 24 hours; not necessarily with a solution, but at least it's a reply !

petercharlesfagg

Quote from: MikeDunn on April 12, 2013, 09:02:27 AM
Quote from: scruff on April 11, 2013, 10:09:48 PM
Accessible ?

I don't see them here, & I don't see my emails being answered to Dapol either !

Both Bachmann & Hornby reply within 24 hours; not necessarily with a solution, but at least it's a reply !

You are not alone, my messages to Dapol Dave are not being replied to either!

It could be that he is ill or on an extended holiday?

Regards Peter.
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

red_death

(For good or for bad) Dapol have chosen to use Facebook and RMweb as their preferred methods of communication.

That still makes them accessible in my book. We can't realistically expect them to cover all the various forums (fora?).

Are you sure your emails are getting through to Dave? If in doubt give them a ring.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations