Decals for LMS Stove R coach

Started by Dr Al, March 17, 2015, 11:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Al

Folks,

I have a NGS Stove R that I'd like to repaint into BR Crimson, but can't find an obvious transfer supplier for suitable decals?

Does anyone know of a suitable sheet?

Thanks,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Karhedron

I don't know of an existing sheet but in the past I have used Railtec Transfers for custom sheets. Steve is very helpful and can print pretty much whatever you want (within reason). He does very good prices so if you just want one vehicle, it would probably be cheaper than getting a whole sheet from Fox or ModelMaster (although you would not have the left-over).

http://www.railtec-models.com/scale-model-transfers.php
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Benn

I too can recommend Steve at Railtec, quick turn around, and great transfers to work with. I asked for a couple of extras incase I messed one up to be included on the sheet, no problem. Turns out I needed them as well...

No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Benn.

Zunnan

I'm in the same position, plus a few other ex-LMS vehicles that I need to source transfers for. Model Master used to do an NPCCs sheet that shoould be suitable, and as they only do 2mm transfers exclusively for the NGS that is probably a good place to start. I was going to go through old NGS shop listings (if I can find any) to get the MMT item codes and email the NGS with the specifics to see if they can find any being as they're not listed online yet; and they do say to contect them if you know what you're after. Otherwise it'll be some research into ex-LMS vehicle numbers and Railtec as I'm needing more than just the Stove R.
Like a Phoenix from the ashes...morelike a rotten old Dog Bone

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations