Decision time

Started by Dorsetmike, March 14, 2015, 12:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

I've started packing; got a load of buildings that came off the layout, most reusable, a few "might come in handy" but I also have quite a few lifted from the layout as mini dioramas, and one larger 3'x2' diorama; do I strip down the dioramas and pack as individual buildings, or leave as units and hope they will fit in on a new layout?

[smg id=12218]
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Malc

I suspect it will be easier to pack the individual buildings, rather than the dioramas. This is what I found when I dismantled my previous layout.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

steve836

If you can keep them in one piece I would. You can always break them down later if need be.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Dorsetmike

Had a bit of a sort out in the ex layout room; found a Peco  box with 14 lengths of unused code 80, so that'll be me new fiddle yard sorted. Also been winning a few sets of points on fleabay.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

scotsoft

Quote from: steve836 on March 14, 2015, 07:55:53 PM
If you can keep them in one piece I would. You can always break them down later if need be.

My thoughts as well  ;)

cheers John.

MinZaPint

Quote from: scotsoft on March 14, 2015, 10:13:03 PM

My thoughts as well  ;)

cheers John.

I'd agree with that and congrats on getting your move sorted, looks as though you've got a nice place in a convenient position  :thumbsup:

Cheers     David
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

CarriageShed

Agreed. Once they're broken they'll be harder to put back together. So if you can safely transport them intact, that's what I would do. Good luck with the move.

Ditape

I would go with keeping them as whole units if you can find away to pack and ship them safely.
Diane Tape

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations