Christmas 2016

Started by Ditape, December 06, 2016, 11:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Sprue

Quote from: newportnobby on December 18, 2016, 02:50:21 PM
Hope everyone who's not retired enjoys the break, but mainly I hope all our members come back healthier than they have been in 2016.

I'll certainly drink to that one!  :beers:

Malc

Yuletide greetings from the Midlands. I like to post this little video about now. Cheers me up.

https://youtu.be/KeEeAVdhtSw
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daffy

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

keithbythe sea

Merry Christmas to all.

:thankyousign: for everything in my first 11 months on the forum, really enjoyed it and a great source of ideas, inspiration and just stuff in general.

upnick

Hi  All,   

Happy Christmas to everyone on the forum  wishing you all  well   

Nick

Jimbo

Hope you have a great Christmas too Diane, and hoping the same for everyone else on the forum, also best wishes to everyone for a happy and healthy new Year!

Jimbo.
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

LeftToMyOwnDevices

Quote from: daffy on December 18, 2016, 02:32:09 PM
A very Merry Christmas to everyone!

:thumbsup:

Stay warm, stay safe and keep those trains running.

daffy,

Thank you - that image of the Snowmen in the (bicycle?) wagon really made me smile (not everything around Christmas does...) :(.

Is that a real image, or Photoshop...? :goggleeyes:
Presumably, if it's real (and in Switzerland/Austria) the snowmen are not likely to melt... :)

Charles.
"Underground, Overground: Our friends Electric"

daffy

Quote from: LeftToMyOwnDevices on December 18, 2016, 09:31:15 PM

daffy,

Thank you - that image of the Snowmen in the (bicycle?) wagon really made me smile (not everything around Christmas does...) :(.

Is that a real image, or Photoshop...? :goggleeyes:
Presumably, if it's real (and in Switzerland/Austria) the snowmen are not likely to melt... :)

Charles.

Glad you, and others, like the image. I found it some time ago on the Rhaetian Railways website.

The carriages are open panaotama cars and are used regularly. This link has a picture of the wagons, both old and new type:

https://www.rhb.ch/en/leisure-travel-and-excursions/groups-schools/charter-carriages/open-scenic-carriages

So, as far as I can tell, it is a real image - typical Swiss sense of humour.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

steve836

Quote from: newportnobby on December 18, 2016, 02:50:21 PM

Hope everyone who's not retired enjoys the break, but mainly I hope all our members come back healthier than they have been in 2016.

What's wrong with us oldies?
I'm enjoying my break in sunny Goa, but no train spotting planned for this year.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on December 18, 2016, 04:26:20 PM
Yuletide greetings from the Midlands. I like to post this little video about now. Cheers me up.

https://youtu.be/KeEeAVdhtSw

Please do not try this at home :no:

Geoff

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Merry Christmas to all the members hope you have a great holiday.
Geoff

McRuss

dannyboy

I am working nights on 24/25/26th this year - okay, to be strictly accurate, I will be at work. However, there are advantages - at work I have a reasonable internet connection, (at home it can be like :headbutt:), and there is the distinct advantage of all the extra money  :claphappy:  - that's the 'Patriot' paid for then!

But, being serious - A very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year to you all. I hope you all get little, (like 1:148), presents but more importantly, those who have had 'ailments' over these last twelve months, I hope 2017 sees a big improvement.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Branchie

Mito

Feliz navidad y prosperos año  nuevo a todos.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations