RTR GT3 from KRM Models

Started by NGS-PO, November 23, 2018, 08:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGS-PO

I haven't seen this mentioned on here. An outfit called KRM Models is proposing to produce GT3 in N & OO gauges.

Website here:

https://krmodels.co.uk/

There is also a facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/KR-Models-GT3-Gas-Turbine-Model-Project-177648702945111/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARAKcxxtCEXQ6PUuEKUYSDXMWM1Qbs24YbtnYWCJUCdsO2HDA0gssoFgIL53xXd5lJRO8Q-mmMvZ8UvJfi7n2J9GnC3tJ_bHZfqInUw&hc_ref=ART6Yo-Wx8A1NKNw3av_kAVAAA2kOCCPDHtYcQi03vcJVy670SSL1sFq2cDW5Azwt4A&fref=nf&__xts__
  • =68.ARCRR8h1VHd4QSTJ7jHPmMrAjLB2arZm5LbbgtOZn_CB6gOdzCf5kAyXicjyz6b615HsVYc7WKEPC_0x_aT-Dbmt3VSDgGrhhWHuQgqYW_gBA8KXz_TJUi3pWEeVTG7vgR0C1kU3tIYCYtCVfyOSEB_7lPPyIWKPT3dHIry0FaEtJ1R1Wrfhu8EtTwofr9PSyyEOEBASFyEP2dbvzo4N2uzlxg

If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Shiney Sheff

Sounds good to me, even though I already have a kit built one, lets hope it materialises, I have made an expression of interest.

Thorpe Parva

I have made an expression of interest. It's an ideal loco for my planned early 60s GC layout

Snowwolflair

I'm in for one as well, it will make an interesting model for running at shows.

Dalek

I'm a sucker for any and all of the prototypes   :-[

:bounce: :thankyousign:

Craig

NeMo

Utterly bonkers proposal. Even less useful to the average modeller than the real thing was for British Railways.

Love it!

NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Hailstone

Always wanted one of these even if it went nowhere near the Western Region - the perfect rule 1 purchase!

Regards,

Alex

Jollybob

This is my favourite locomotive of all time. I'd love to have one of these!  :claphappy: :claphappy: :claphappy:

Newportnobby

Hats off to KRM for giving it a go but I'd rather have one of the other prototypes such as Falcon, Kestrel or Lion in RTR (I know there are kits)

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 23, 2018, 09:16:44 PM
Hats off to KRM for giving it a go but I'd rather have one of the other prototypes such as Falcon, Kestrel or Lion in RTR (I know there are kits)

Didn't know you were a fan of Kestrel sir (or maybe I forgot  :-[). I would also love one.

However, back on topic, I wish this proposal success. Not for me, but to introduce another potential source of RTR models.

Skyline2uk

Karhedron

Not wishing to put a damper on a very exciting announcement but does the gentleman behind this operation have any track history of producing models? I cannot see any information on whether he is going to do the R&D himself or sub-contract it out. I assume production will be sub-contracted to China but again there is no information about this.

I would like to know a bit more about the owner's credentials before I would think about backing such a project. Dave Jones has more than 10 years' experience of producing N Gauge models but still gets a rough ride from certain posters. This announcement seems like a laudable aspiration but there is not much detail behind it.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Mustermark

Just put my name in.
Never even heard of this loco before. So, the APT-E wasn't the first gas turbine!
This is a rather wonderful design and I love the colour scheme.
Let's hope there's enough interest.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Jerry Howlett

The real thing was a ridiculous looking thing, a stupid idea. 

So I want one.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Yet_Another

I'm rather put off by his website, which apart from the wealth of spelling and grammar issues, includes this gem:

QuoteThe GT3 was designed and built in 1958 by English Electric at their Vulcan Foundry works in Vulcan, Cheshire.

The briefest of googles would confirm that the Vulcan Foundry was in Newton-le-Willows, which is in Lancashire. Not exactly rigorous research, then, from an alleged local.

He has a stand at Warley. I might take a look...
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Ben A

Hi all,

The guy behind this is named Keith Revell. I happened upon the stand at Warley.

I know nothing about GT3, nor any real interest, so have no skin in the game.

I was told that until he has a reasonable number of serious expressions of interest he won't start looking for manufacturing partners. For those who are interested I hope this project can fly.

Cheers

Ben A.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations