Bing Images

Started by Agrippa, March 01, 2014, 06:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

I'm making a small model of a Clyde puffer/coaster from scrap materials and went
to Bing Images to see various photos for detail and colour schemes etc.

I clicked on one that gave a good view of one of these boats and went to save it when a  warning flashed up that this was a dangerous site. Seemed a bit strange !

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

scotsoft

Quote from: Agrippa on March 01, 2014, 06:58:33 PM
I'm making a small model of a Clyde puffer/coaster from scrap materials and went
to Bing Images to see various photos for detail and colour schemes etc.

I clicked on one that gave a good view of one of these boats and went to save it when a  warning flashed up that this was a dangerous site. Seemed a bit strange !

I am not surprised, you know how dangerous Glasgow can get on a Saturday night  :D

cheers John.

Agrippa

Must get my cut throat razor back from the pawn , Saturday night's all right for fighting over
bargains at Pastimes !

javlinfaw7

Have you looked at Secret Scotlands Clyde Puffer page ,it gives all survivors and some links
Afterseeing queues at Pastimes in Model Rail I don't think there will be much to fight over.

Agrippa

Javlinfaw7 , as a matter of interest what were Pastimes selling at MRS ? They have a huge amount of OO and a fair amount of N stuff, I visit the shop every month or so when I can  and the old fashioned display cases are usually worth rummaging through.

Oldun

Perhaps these will help:

Usually painted like this
[smg id=10648]

[smg id=10649]

But sometimes like this

[smg id=10650]

A line drawing for some detail for you.

[smg id=10651]

If you want more, try Google Images, that's where these came from.

Its up to you.

Would this help for details ???

HTH

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

javlinfaw7

Pastimes were concentrating on the second market .they had about 4 tables of OO and diecasts and seemed to have brought all four drawers of  N gauge plus the hanging stuff .I did not try to fight my way through as I to visit the shop monthly and could see nothing different over the head of the rowds

Agrippa

Cheers Roger, very helpful. The one I,m doing will be a bit stylised , mainly basic shape and
moderate detail.

Allan

Agrippa

Thanks Javlinfaw7, I was brought near the area where Pastimes is and visit the shop every now and
then, often batches of repainted coaches etc which can be useful for bodging about. The shop has tons of electrical stuff , probably prehistoric. Always worth a rummage in there.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP
85% 
April Donations