What should the next 64ft Revolution DMU be?

Started by bluedepot, October 24, 2023, 08:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris in Prague

Both the 2-car and 3-car versions of the Swindon Cross-Country units (Class 120). I would have also liked the 120s, which had a four-character headcode box as they were used in the southwest, including on the North Cornwall line, but Revolution Trains is not offering that option. (Maybe one of the big retailers will?)

Next, the Class 119 Gloucester R.C.&W. Co. Cross-Country units, both the 2-car and 3-car versions. Also, the Class 121/122 DTS W56280-9, and W56291-9 trailer cars to work with the Class 121/122 Single Units. W56293 and W56298 were allocated to Plymouth Laira, so would be my choice.

TRXsouth

Quote from: robert shrives on October 25, 2023, 04:13:44 PMOff the wall would be a thumper or Hastings as a lovely version made for the Kenny O layout and I have several sets of etches.

mind you how about a 210 demu ....or the Irish version, gets coat.
robert

Yes please for a 'Thumper' DEMU - 64ft chassis would be perfect. Class 205 2/3H would be very versatile for layouts modelling the south from 1958 to 2004. You could have a unit running anywhere for maintenance at St Leonards in Kent, the numerous lost branches across Hampshire and Berkshire, or substituting for an EMU or as a route learner, or how about the Portsmouth to Bristol Temple Meads service with extensions to Weston Super Mare or Cardiff Central?

Kevin Robertson's "Southern Region DEMUs" also mentions a driver's recollection of three sets running from Eastleigh to work the Clapham Junction to Kensington shuttle. He intriguingly adds, "occasionally one would venture even further, sometimes to the North London line and sometimes as far as Dagenham."
So my vote is 'Other - Class 205 DEMU.'

snitchthebudgie

Quote from: robert shrives on October 25, 2023, 04:13:44 PMOff the wall would be a thumper or Hastings as a lovely version made for the Kenny O layout and I have several sets of etches.

mind you how about a 210 demu ....or the Irish version, gets coat.
robert

Now that's one that I would actually buy!

bluedepot

good shout with the thumper! i didn't think of demu when I made the poll.

i think bachmann made one in oo though so maybe that puts off revolution or rapido.

I think it could be viable in n gauge though as they were popular units.

anyway I'll close the poll on sunday so vote now anyone who hasn't done so yet!

cheers

tim

Bob G

Are you adding a Thumper (Class 205)?
Or Long chassis Hastings Units (202/3)?
Tadpoles (206)?
East Sussex units(207)?
Bob

Menders

Oh yes! Another vote for a 205 Thumper. Been waiting a long time for this to be produced in N gauge and should be a popular model

bluedepot

the voting has now ended!

the winner for most wanted 64ft fist gen dmu was the class 117!

that was probably expected.

however the swindon class 123 and 124 got very good votes too, so maybe revolution can consider them!

thanks for all the replies and votes!

even the non dmu and non 64ft suggestions were good or entertaining!

cheers

tim

Bob G

Good news on the 117. Maybe that will be a Revolution one seeing as Bachmann don't like doing 63' DMUs and Dapol is still milking 121/122 units.

Typical that the 123s came out well. That's because I've got all the bits to make them!

Wonder if the RTR will arrive before I have built mine?

Bob

bluedepot

Yes I wonder what Bachmann will announce on Wednesday ...

I think any RTR Swindon unit are at the very least 4 years away unless someone developing it in secret!

It's a shame none are preserved in real life.

Cheers

Tim

Portpatrick

I just want the 120 already on their lists.  I would pre order a green and a blue one. Told them that at Aly Paly last March.  Widespread units including the 7 based around Aberdeen!

GrahamB

Also what about the 201/202/203/205/207 Thumpers?
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

Steven B

Quote from: GrahamB on October 31, 2023, 07:41:12 AMAlso what about the 201/202/203/205/207 Thumpers?

The Thumpers are DEMU (diesel-electric multiple-units) and worthy of a poll of their own! (along with one each for DC and AC MU's).

SB

bluedepot

We can have a poll for EMUs, DEMU, BEMUs, petrol electric, horse drawn and anything else as well!

I'm really getting into polls, and they generate fun discussions...

They are not intended to be serious surveys, just for entertainment purposes.  Maybe some results indicate what is popular though if manufacturers want to take note.

Cheers

Tim

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations