Buying Diesels

Started by cudders, July 27, 2012, 10:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudders

Hi chaps,

Looking at getting some BR blue stock and wonder how to identify the new tooling models? Is this down to their cat number?

I guess much like the new Steamies the diesels will be much better models so think I'lll go for these.

Prob looking for Classes 03, 08, 20, 24, 25, 37, 47 and HSTs.

Same goes for coaching stock. Do the better ones say 'Blue Riband' on them all or a mixed bag?

Thanks,

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

Dock Shunter

Quote from: cudders on July 27, 2012, 10:25:11 AM
Hi chaps,

Looking at getting some BR blue stock and wonder how to identify the new tooling models? Is this down to their cat number?

I guess much like the new Steamies the diesels will be much better models so think I'lll go for these.

Prob looking for Classes 03, 08, 20, 24, 25, 37, 47 and HSTs.

Same goes for coaching stock. Do the better ones say 'Blue Riband' on them all or a mixed bag?

Thanks,

Cudders

You don't need to worry about the 03, 24 they are all new tooling.(Another blue 24 due shortly)The new 08s are far more detailed and have outside frames and are far superior to the old ones. The new 20s are due sometime this year so hang fire on them.The 25s are old toolings and not DCC Ready and there doesn't appear to be a new tooling on the horizon
The new tooling blue 37s are 37 238..(371-452) 37 038..(371-450) and 37 254..(371-465).
The new 47s are 47 403 "The Geordie"
47 404 "Hadrian"...some of the early batch of these had problems with the gear housing fouling the track and the body is a little high on the chassis.
Not sure on the HSTs.
Take a look on the Hattons site and you will get a better idea of what to look for Blue Riband wise.....

HTHs.......Ste

swisstony

This could be your lucky day! you have a PM :)

scruff

For the HST, use the Dapol one, its light years ahead of the farish offering and DCC ready.
There is a new blue class 254 set coming out soon.

Cheers

Mark

EtchedPixels

Quote from: scruff on July 27, 2012, 11:20:48 AM
For the HST, use the Dapol one, its light years ahead of the farish offering and DCC ready.

Unless you want coaches with it.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

scruff

Ouch!  ;D The coaches are coming, Dapol said so! :evil:
I've got 14 Hst coaches, just waiting for the buffets, TGS and some extra second, oh, nearly forgot, some correct executive livery ones too!  :music: :thumbsup:

Cheers

Mark

bluedepot

also 47 035 is in blue (371-827)

there is now a large logo blue 47 as well... not sure if you want to venture that far in time though...

tim

cudders

Thanks alot chaps for the info.

That'll get me started  :thumbsup:

Cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations