parkwood warwell

Started by darren.c, August 05, 2012, 08:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darren.c

hi everyone
im looking to buy some parkwood warwells for the society shop im was wondering what the extras bits
parts ref PSD0507 PSD055 are, does anyone know?
daz

guest311

just a guess, but could one of them be the cradle for the warrior ?

davieb

hi daz  :wave:

looking at my shop listing it shows PSD 50/54 for the single kit and PSD 50/55 for the 3 pack

the items are as follows

PSD 50 - brass bufferheads (20)
PSD 54 - 6.2mm 3 hole disc wheels (2)
PSD 55 - 6.2mm 3 hole disc wheels (20)

the listing of 20 wheels for three kits seems alot when according to the single listing it only requires 2  :o

maybe someone else could shed some light on this  ???

dave  :thumbsup:

EtchedPixels

Surely its bogies you need for them ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

PaulCheffus

Quote from: davieb on August 05, 2012, 09:51:47 PM
hi daz  :wave:

looking at my shop listing it shows PSD 50/54 for the single kit and PSD 50/55 for the 3 pack

the items are as follows

PSD 50 - brass bufferheads (20)
PSD 54 - 6.2mm 3 hole disc wheels (2)
PSD 55 - 6.2mm 3 hole disc wheels (20)

the listing of 20 wheels for three kits seems alot when according to the single listing it only requires 2  :o

maybe someone else could shed some light on this  ???

dave  :thumbsup:

Hi

I think this is just a guide to show which part numbers are required. You would have to buy a pack of 20 buffers just to make one wagon as they come in packs of 20.

Etched Pixels is quite right you will also require a pair of bogies but the bogie type depends on the period you are building the wagon for. If no one else answers I have a kit at home and will see which bogies the instructions mention.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

EtchedPixels

GP22.5 bogies for the modern ones, but I seem to remember the Parkwood model is the old WW1 style wagon, in which case you may well want diamond frame bogies (Old Farish style - can be got from Peters Spares). Not sure what would have been used between the two styles.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Calnefoxile

Daz,

I've got a rake of these and Alan(Etched Pixels) is quite correct, you would need Diamond Frame bogies for the Parkside ones. They were refurbished in the late 70's/early 80's and had the Gloucester bogies fitted, also, there were some modern ones built around this time, these differ from the Parkside ones in that they do not have the 'fishbelly' underframe and these definitely have the Gloucester bogies on them.

The Gloucester Bogies are available from ATM http://www.atmwagons.co.uk/id6.html , but you will have to trawl the 2nd hand stalls for the modern Warflats as these are Ian Stoate kits. Ian's website is not being updated at the moment, but you can reach him via the East Somerset Models website http://www.esmodels.co.uk/index.htm

Hope this helps

Regards

Neal.

darren.c

thanks for all the info guys it been very helpful
:thankyousign: daz

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £85.23
Below Goal: £14.77
Site Currency: GBP