Diabetes 2

Started by petercharlesfagg, November 18, 2014, 05:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Quote from: scotsoft on November 21, 2014, 06:41:09 PM
I agree, do not go doing anything you will regret later on.  All these problems will settle down once you adopt a slightly different lifestyle.  I can well imagine you will be feeling very downhearted right now but again that will pass once you begin to feel better.  I cannot promise the thirst will improve as it has not for me but I drink plenty sugar free drinks and am wearing out the carpet that leads me to the loo  :doh:

Give yourself some time Peter and concentrate on the things you can do at the moment  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Spot on John

Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

REGP

Hi Peter

Now you know what the problem is, things can only get better.

I know your feeling lousy and Tuesday seems a long way off, but take the advice of others on the forum who had the same problem and got over/round it.

Regards

Ray

crawler

Peter,

I was diagnosed as type 2 diabetes about three years ago the first thing that happened was i had to make an appointment with diabetics nurse, this has been said before she / he will go through what it means to be diabetic you will then go in to see the doctor normally on the same day again he /she will talk through the best course forward. Please don't assume its going to be all doom and gloom as it is not. I was told that I had to change my diet and that my diabetes could be controlled by diet.

Now if you were to see me you would understand that giving up "Maynard Wine Gums" was like the last thing anyone ever wanted to hear  :'( , but i fully understood that I am allowed the odd treat now and again.

This may get some reaction from some people but I went out and bought a blood sugar meter and took a reading before I had something to eat then "2 hours" after and if my super spiked then I knew that there was something in my meal that was bad for me. after about  two weeks I had a rough idea of what I could and couldn't eat and so I could cut down on the blood monitoring. I now check my blood 2-3 time a week or if I feel awful (good indication something is wrong)

And on a positive note my HbA1c ,which you will now be getting checked every 6 months along with an annual retinal check, feet and feeling in the extremities (arms and feet), is down below the diabetic limit (still classed as being Diabetic type two though)

Hope this eases the worries a bit

Dave

BLOKEY

Hi Peter. Having diabetes 2 for the last 8 years at the start things look bleke
But .with the right thoughts.the situation will improve?.  :thumbsup:
Get yourself on a good diet. Take some exorcise. A good walk couple times
A week.and things will improve??. I have just had a blood test and being
Told to stop taking the metformin.till my next test.as my diet is controlling it
:thumbsup:    8)
Paul-H

longbridge

I wish one of you gentlemen could get through to my Wife, she has type 2 Diabetes but refuses to change her diet, she eats cakes, chocolate and other rubbish and if I try to tell her she shouldn't I get my head blown off.

She has one of those finger prick things but wont use it, the doctor put her on a pill but as far as my Wife is concerned if her blood sugar is 7 or lower she will eat whatever she likes, I am over fighting her over her health as she is as stubborn as a mule.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Croxy

I agree with the other Peter.....don't do anything rash at the moment and give it time....
If you like it run it......

Bealman

I am so sorry to hear this. The advice the folk on here have given seems sound.... roll on Tuesday! All the best, Peter, chin up, up bonny lad.  :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Just picked up on your news, Peter.

You seem to have had great advice and info from the guys on the forum and hopefully that has helped.

Wishing you much more comfortable soon and really hope that Tuesday eases your worries.

All the best.

Dave G

steve836

KISS = Keep it simple stupid

GerryB

Sorry to hear your news Peter, you really are going through the mill at the moment. Hope things look more positive after Tuesday.

Best wishes,

Gerry

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations