Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipper

I recently wrote on the Angry thread (due to my annoyance at my GP, and method of imparting what could have been bad news), but I am now highly delighted that my latest blood test was satisfactory for platelets, unlike last week when I was very low. Will have another blood test in May, when I go to Oncology, but otherwise a much happier bunny than last week!  :bounce:

Newportnobby

Last winter (2013) my dwarf rhododendron suffered badly in the poor weather and I thought the poor thing was on it's way out.
However, the relatively mild Jan/Feb we've had this year has seen a revival :bounce:

Later this year I shall give it a trim and re-pot it in a larger container. It's been in this one for more years than I care to remember/admit :-[

Je suis chuffed it's still going :)

scotsoft

I am not green fingered at all but your dwarf rhododendron looks good  :thumbsup:

Do you get any fragrance from the blooms?

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Quote from: scotsoft on March 19, 2014, 11:08:30 AM
I am not green fingered at all but your dwarf rhododendron looks good  :thumbsup:

Do you get any fragrance from the blooms?

cheers John.

Only a faint fragrance, John. I wouldn't call myself green fingered (unless I've been nasal gardening :sick2:) as I only have about 6 potted plants on my patio, and there is no grass in my garden at all.

Malc

Sounds like a sensible plan, Mick. It takes me ages to cut our lawns.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

It takes me no time at all. I do usually have a cup of tea ready for when she comes back in though. It keeps her going while she cooks the bacon rolls  :D
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Quote from: Malc on March 19, 2014, 08:05:58 PM
Sounds like a sensible plan, Mick. It takes me ages to cut our lawns.

At some point I must have had a psychoticpsychic moment when I purchased the property as I was thinking of future health issues so bought a bungalow with no gardening necessary, Malc :hmmm:
At least I can clean my own windows/clear gutters etc :)

Bealman

Like the flowers, Mick. Mrs B. will be most impressed.

No grass, either, eh. That's a bonus. We don't have a lot inside our fence but there's a lot outside which is council owned and a public thoroughfare, which I (or I should say the bloke I pay) has to tend to. If we relied on council it would be higher than the fence!

As for the grass inside the fence, I just pour a bottle of beer over it and it comes up half cut....  :D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Wild

Unexpected visit from two small boys today. "May I see your train?"said one. After a two minute demo on how to use the Dynamis, it was easy after the X-Box. One was the engine driver and the other the signal man in charge of the points. They were enthralled and amazed and carried on for over an hour. That's what makes it all worth while>

Bealman

Thats really cool, Bob. Well done!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bealman

As if to prove me wrong, as soon as I had posted that bit about the local council not cutting the grass outside of my place, they were there early friday morning cutting it!

First time since we moved in (33 years)!! Happiness!

Caz

Was watching a reality program yesterday and it featured Wollongong, looked very green and quite nice although only a very short piece.   :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

ColinH

Is some one on the Council monitoring this website ........Be careful what you say about them in future  ::)
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

Bealman

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

My adopted home town in Aus on reality TV? Thankfully I don't watch reality programmes.

Glad it looked green, Caz, 'cos we have a big steelworks!

jonclox

:claphappy: Unexpected parcel arrived just now and it`s turned out to be one I wasn't expecting until tomorrow at the earliest.
Well done Mr Rails of Sheffield.  :thankyousign:  I now have two new locos that I shall have to run in tonight  :)  :thumbsup: 
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP