Class 321 door opens

Started by crewearpley40, November 27, 2019, 07:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crewearpley40

A worrying report on bbc.co.uk/news. A door opened at 0720am at hockley essex on southend route. RAIB AND greater anglia found the door opened at 80mph owing to a loose screw. The investigation found by the Toc showed at least 60 doorways on refusbished 321s had screws missing. The screws fix the door brackets to the closing mechanism and these showed no signs of having been properly tightened. An investigation found missing screws meant that the door mechanism which is unattached to the døor (in the box above your head) as passengers exit the train was able to return the closed position. The driver that day was given incorrect signals that all doors were shut. Worrying

crewearpley40

Further to reports if anybody clicks on bbc.co.uk/news or googles open door on 80 mph southend train due to loose screw. Half way down below the photo it mentions ' the door was open for 23 minutes ' click there. The independent report ' donr open in traffic between shenfield and hockley'. Report gives an important safety message focusses on the fastenings, the need to implement actions. And its lengthy. Wosth a read

njee20

RAIB Report. It's obviously not good at all, but no one was hurt, and indeed would have had to try pretty hard to be hurt by it! That said it makes me think twice about leaning on the doors when you're on a packed train!

crewearpley40

I stare st the box above the doors overhead if rattles i would not stand near them . Welll worded reply

crewearpley40

crewearpley40

Still subject to czncellations. Please see lancashirelive.co.uk. buses replace trains. Google overhead lines snap preston

crewearpley40

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations