Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbridge

Crikey talk about skin cancers, I was advised by a Cardiologist to get on Warfarin (Rat Poison) before I turned 70 to avoid the possibility of having a stroke, I have been on it for about 2 months and couldn't figure out why my right arm was becoming bright red and sore, it seems Warfarin makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight, looks like I will have to use sunblock stuff to avoid getting burned, pain in the backside.

Just my right arm because the sun hits it when I am driving.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

MikeDunn

Try holding the wheel instead of resting it on the windowsill  :drool:

Seriously ... good news about the report  :thumbsup:

Malc

Blimey Dave, I thought it was bad enough when I got my bowel cancer test kit on my 60th birthday. I didn't realise I had rat poison to look forward to :goggleeyes:
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Pleased to read your news, Dave.  :)

Dave G

Newportnobby

Very good news about your arm, Dave :thumbsup:
Does it have to be Warfarin you take? Could it not be dispersible aspirin (like I've been on for the last 12 years, amongst other stuff)?? They both thin your blood ???

scotsoft

Really pleased to hear you got the all clear from your chunk of flesh, ever thought about being a character in the Merchant of Venice  ;)

Quote from: Malc on September 22, 2012, 04:11:55 PM
Blimey Dave, I thought it was bad enough when I got my bowel cancer test kit on my 60th birthday.

That was a bit of a shock to me also and something I found very unpleasant to do - then it has to go in the post  :no:  :no:  :no:

cheers John.

longbridge

Quote from: newportnobby on September 22, 2012, 08:48:03 PM
Very good news about your arm, Dave :thumbsup:
Does it have to be Warfarin you take? Could it not be dispersible aspirin (like I've been on for the last 12 years, amongst other stuff)?? They both thin your blood ???

:D :D Hi Mick, started off with Asprin, went onto Clapogel (Plavix) and finally the king of the blood thinners Warfarin, they tell me that every now and then I get Atrial Fibrilation which can cause a blood clot, to bad if I get into a car smash I guess I will just have to sit and watch myself bleed to death, fingers crossed  :angel: :angel: :angel:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Yup - atrial fibrillation was what caused me to be put on the meds I'm on now. In fact, I've just had the letter from my doc asking me to go for a blood test to check all is OK with my ticker :uneasy:

Malc

Quote from: scotsoft on September 22, 2012, 08:55:20 PM

That was a bit of a shock to me also and something I found very unpleasant to do - then it has to go in the post  :no:  :no:  :no:

cheers John.

I sometimes picture the postal service with thousands of completed bowel test kits stuck in some sorting office somewhere, or the surprise on the great train robbers as they open the sacks if they picked the wrong train.

longbridge

Quote from: Malc on September 23, 2012, 11:30:29 AM
Quote from: scotsoft on September 22, 2012, 08:55:20 PM

cheers John.

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:
I sometimes picture the postal service with thousands of completed bowel test kits stuck in some sorting office somewhere, or the surprise on the great train robbers as they open the sacks if they picked the wrong train.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

daveg

Healthy lot, ain't we!?  :wave:

I've been on Persantin for the last couple of years, after a mini stroke. I reckon that those and the cocktail of other stuff I take (for BP and cardio) is enough to cause spontaneous combustion. Good job I quit the weed some years back!

Stay happy!  :beers:

Dave G

Malc

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a diabetic and what with the aspirin and the statins, I take 7 tablets in the morning and 2 after my evening meal. Some mornings I rattle. Means I can't sneak up to the modelling room without making a noise.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on September 23, 2012, 07:14:11 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a diabetic and what with the aspirin and the statins, I take 7 tablets in the morning and 2 after my evening meal. Some mornings I rattle. Means I can't sneak up to the modelling room without making a noise.

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Shake, rattle 'n' roll, Malc, that's me :laugh3:

longbridge

Its very heartwarming to know that so many forum members are pill poppers like me  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I used to be hooked on music, coffee, fags and women :heart2: now i'm hooked on pills and trying to stay alive, don't know what the bloody worlds coming too ???
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Malc

I used to enjoy a good drink -real ale preferably, but now, with these tablets, I daren't touch the stuff - well not more than one pint every once in a while.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations