The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SymonC

Quote from: findus on June 18, 2011, 12:48:17 PM
Quote from: jonclox on June 17, 2011, 08:51:32 PM
Quote from: findus on June 15, 2011, 11:37:40 PM
WEDDING PLANS  >:(
he heeeeeeeeee  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:, heheeeeeeeeee :smiley-laughing:

(sowwie  :smiley-laughing: :wave:)

tHANKS.............   :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:   

Day spent looking at wedding shoes! to top it off we went past 2 model shops and was not allowed in  >:(   

Surely you want it to be a model wedding ;D

findus

findus

Quote from: SymonC on June 18, 2011, 01:48:04 PM
he heeeeeeeeee  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:, heheeeeeeeeee :smiley-laughing:

Day spent looking at wedding shoes! to top it off we went past 2 model shops and was not allowed in  >:(   

I knew i would get great support here  :-\

keep it up  :thumbsup:

jonclox

Quote from: findus on June 18, 2011, 03:04:09 PM
Quote from: SymonC on June 18, 2011, 01:48:04 PM

I knew i would get great support here  :-\

keep it up  :thumbsup:

Just train yourself to accept that it will be run to her timetable and you can only follow on as a spare part.
Think of all the tender loving thats got you to this set of points in this life
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Bikeracer

I got angry earlier today at the village library.

Until recently I used the traveling library,it used to come every two weeks and stopped right outside,no limit to how long you could have a book out for so no overdue fines,a great service.I should point out that I mainly read paperback fiction as an aid to going to sleep at night,have done for most of my adult life and hardback books tend to be uncomfortable to hold up and when they drop on me because I've fallen asleep. ;D

Anyway because of cuts the mobile library no longer comes my way,not a problem I thought because I can use the one in the village and there's always a better selection there.
The paperbacks always used to be in those revolving racks and it was easy to go through each rack to choose books,especially as the front cover was often visible to give an indication of the contents.

Walked into the library this morning and some pillock in the library service has decided to change the layout,no longer any handy revolving racks with paperbacks,just rows of aisles and rows of book spines with paperback and hardback books mixed together,so unless you're looking for a particular author there's no way of telling what a book's about unless you pull it out to see the cover.Not much fun if you have walking difficulty like me either,especially with the crick in the neck that develops from reading book spines.

The system before would let lenders know if any particular book had been read before, this stopped the situation of getting home with books that had been read before,something I could easily do because I've read literally hundreds of paperback fiction books and cannot  always remember if I've already read any particular book.

With the new system that's installed that no longer happens,the lender has to open the book and hold it under a scanner,the return date no longer gets stamped inside,you just get a scrappy little receipt size print out of the titles and return date.
Got to return books within three weeks or get a fine now.

A good example of someone in an office deciding to mend something that wasn't broken.

Rant over.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Bikeracer on June 18, 2011, 09:31:02 PM
With the new system that's installed that no longer happens,the lender has to open the book and hold it under a scanner,the return date no longer gets stamped inside,you just get a scrappy little receipt size print out of the titles and return date.
Got to return books within three weeks or get a fine now.

A good example of someone in an office deciding to mend something that wasn't broken.

Rant over.

Allan

It's called long term planning. If they make it more unpleasant to use then the numbers using it will fall and they can close it. See the Dr Beeching book of management theory ;)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

poliss

I'd say complain to your councillors and your MP about the removal of the racks.
I've never heard of a library without a time limit for returning books. Maybe yours was unique?
Just had a look at the library service here. You can download ebooks and audio books for free if you're into that kind of thing.
You can browse the catalogue, reserve and renew books online. It can tell you if you've read a book before. Join the library or renew your membership online (just did that).
Just found out that our library is having a Chocolate Festival today with free chocs to eat.

Bikeracer

Quote from: poliss on June 19, 2011, 02:15:52 PM
I'd say complain to your councillors and your MP about the removal of the racks.
I've never heard of a library without a time limit for returning books. Maybe yours was unique?

Good idea....I've now done that.
There was no time limit on lending from the traveling library.

Allan

poliss

Maybe because they could come round to your house and throw the book at you if you took overlong to return the books? :-)

poliss

My new library card arrived today along with a leaflet about their services. We still have a mobile library along with a home delivery service if you have an illness or mobility problems. You can borrow up to 10 books for 4 weeks. Fine for overdue book 12p a day.

Newportnobby

I only have 2 books and I've coloured one in already :smiley-laughing:

Bikeracer

For a change of subject,something else that makes me angry......

Why is it that when the sports news is on the TV,especially the local news,the majority of the time seems to be just interviews with football managers having an inquest as to why they lost the last game.

Allan

m1racleman

Quote from: Bikeracer on June 22, 2011, 07:56:04 PM
For a change of subject,something else that makes me angry......

Why is it that when the sports news is on the TV,especially the local news,the majority of the time seems to be just interviews with football managers having an inquest as to why they lost the last game.

Allan
Perhaps it's because you came from Notts and winning football team from there is as rare as the proverbial rocking horse poo ??

longbridge

I would like to know why sport is the most talked about and reported subject by the media full stop.

IMO sport has not been the same since the started paying sports people humungus amounts of money and worshiping them like Gods.

Maybe its not like it back home in the UK but the Aussies where I live are all sports crazy, when they are not talking sport they are brainwashing us with politics.  :evil:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Bikeracer

Quote from: m1racleman on June 22, 2011, 08:26:15 PM

Perhaps it's because you came from Notts and winning football team from there is as rare as the proverbial rocking horse poo ??

I just live in Notts,I originate in Derbyshire.

Dunno about football teams,as far as I'm concerned it's twenty two vastly overpaid men chasing a bag of wind and trying to kick it between two sticks  ;D
I'd be happier if my TV licence fee wasn't spent on so many hours of inconsequential football drivel and coverage.

Allan

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations